Once Upon a Time

"I'm sorry Eli...Im choosing Dean." I mutter, but without a proper good bye everything around me changes.

~^~*~^~@~^~*~^~

Standing in our tiny house I'm making lunch, I'm making Addie's ham sandwich for school and I'm making Deans for work. "Good Morning baby how are you feeling?" Dean asks sneaking behind me wrapping his arms around me softly kissing my jaw line.

"Good, here is your lunch and breakfast should be done here in just a moment."

"Thank you." He whispers kissing my neck, I chuckle shrugging him off. Addie comes racing into the room all ready in her first day if school clothes and her back pack on ready to go.

"Mommy!" She screams, putting down my stuff I let her jump into my arms and I smile widely.

"Oh don't you look beautiful? Let's go do your hair like Elsa's shall we?" I ask, she smiles brightly and I set her down and she runs away screaming into the bathroom.

"Well someone is ready for school. Let's see if she's excited in a few years?" Both of us chuckle and I finish the pancakes sliding them into plates and I'm off to the bathroom to do her hair. It's strange that my first and only child is starting school today. Coming into the bathroom she's reaching for the radio for the music. Pressing the button her Frozen music comes blasting on. She sings so adorably with it while I begin to brush her long hair.

She winces but keeps singing while I begin to braid her long and soft hair. "Mommy can I have a squirt of the special spray please?" She asks, sighing I finish braiding her hair and drape it over the side. Walking over to my locked drawer I unlock it taking out a small bottle of 'mint' spray I refilled and walk over to her.

"You can only have one a day okay?" She nods before I bend down to her level and she opens her mouth, spraying the 'mint' into her mouth I watch it coat her mouth with red, looking up to her gums I watch as small fangs try to peak through. Sighing she closes her mouth licking her lips delightfully.

"That was yummy! Thanks!" She chirps jumping off her stool she runs back into the kitchen for her breakfast. Giving myself a spritz my fangs come shooting through. This is going to be hard to explain to her when hers come in. Leaning over the counter the thirst and hunger grows stronger. Soon hands drape around my waist holding me softly.

"You okay?" Dean asks, nodding I get up adjusting myself I toss him the spray and he strays one before placing it into the cooling drawer. Locking it I sigh looking over to Dean his fangs are sticking through and he looks starving.

"It's hard isn't it?" I ask pulling on a new blouse. The scars that are still a mystery to me show and he just stares at them.

"Yes it is." He says licking his lips letting his tongue trace over his fangs.

"Well you better be off, I will see you later." Leaning on his chest I give him a small kiss on his lips smiling up to him. "I love you."

"I love you too. But could we try? You know again? I know it's too soon since Ave but I want another baby." He whispers, my heart almost stops making me step away from him holding my mouth to stop the sobs coming up. A tear escapes down my cheek.

"It's still too soon Dean...its too soon." I cry holding my stomach where she used to be alive that last place. He wraps his arms around me and I cry into his chest, we were so close, how could we have missed it she was moving only hours before?

"I'm so sorry Sloan." He whispers kissing the too of my head.

"Mommy?" Addie asks sounding sad almost as if she's about to cry. Sniffing I pull away and see her standing in our door way with a tear falling down her cheek. "Why are you crying?" Her voice cracks as more blood tears fall down her cheeks.

"I was just thinking about our little angel Ave."

"I don't like seeing you cry." Tears fall down her face and she begins to cry herself, I pull her in while she crus hard and I just hold her tightly.

"It's okay, I'm okay now. Let's get you off to kindergarten okay?" I say pulling her away she smiles slightly. I take a wet rag and wipe off the blood from her face and neck.

"Now if you cry at school and they'd we your tears what do you say?" I ask her she thinks for a moment before remembering.

"I have a tear duct abnormality." Smiling she got that big word down!

"Good girl!" I kiss her nose then we wiggle them together before she slips away.

"When will we tell her? What we are? What she is?" Dean asks me, sighing I shake my head.

"Might be soon, her fangs are growing in." He groans running a hand through his hair. "You need to go to work, Carry and I are going to a pedicure today." I say throwing the towel in the sink before walking out to Addie who just finished her breakfast and is putting her plate in the dishwasher. She shoves her lunch box in her back pack before zipping it up. I lift her up and take my keys. "I love you Dean."

"Love you too." He calls and Addie and I walk out the door to her first day of kindergarten.

---------------------------------------

Sorry this one is so short but I finally got to 1K! Wahoo! Please comment and vote on how you like it! Thanks for the reads, comments and votes! See you soon!