Chapter 8- Wait, what?

What just happened? What just happened? No, no, no, it didn't just happen. A dream! It must be a dream. A very vivid dream, that's all. Just a sigh in the face of reality, just a flower in a field of dead, just a singular cloud floating up in the sky all by it's lonesome. That's all this is. A dream. And for a moment, the young Izuku Midoriya closed his eyes and relished in the dream. Since it was only that. He stood there like that a moment, and then another, before opening them again. Everything was still the same. He wasn't waking up.

A dream, but dreams don't end up this way. Dreams are hopes, dreams are fantasies, dreams are clouds of wonder in a sky of dark truth. Dreams are happy things, this is reality.  And with that, Izuku Midoriya, the newest member of the League of Villains, young, sixteen-year-old kid, former doctor-in-training, son of Inko Midoriya, snapped back into existence. He blinked a little, as if waking up from a dream, and then acted.

He checked the pulse of Tomura Shigaraki. He let out a staggering breath of relief he wasn't aware he was holding. He checked Dabi and Toga next, and both of them were fine too. That meant they were all only knocked out. Not dead. Not dead, but...

The harsh reality set in on Izuku's shoulders as he realized that he must now achieve the impossible, he must now do something he never thought he could do, he must now carry out the plan, but carry it out alone.

He was alone. 

Midoriya tried not to think about that. He focused on sorting what he saw in front of him out. His brain processed through it all in a matter of seconds. Midnight.  She was a pro-hero and teacher at U.A. She must've used her quirk on the league. She must've seen that they were all in a meeting, all the members, in one place at one time, and acted accordingly. Now, where was she? And she couldn't be alone. 

In this first second of thought, Izuku wasn't sure what to do about the situation now that he knew what the situation was. He was a single person, the weakest of the villains it seemed like, and he didn't know where his enemy was at all. He didn't have a plan, for their previous plan would now not work well at all. He wasn't prepared like he should have been. He thought he would've been prepared, he thought they were all going to be prepared, but they seriously underestimated the heroes. 

Then the next second progressed better. A plan started to trickle into his mind. He had to get the prisoners away from the heroes and quick. He had to get himself away from the heroes and quick. He had to act as though every second was his last. He had to run as though fire burned at his feet. Then, he got an idea. It was far off but well put, and he decided to go for it. All of this formulated in his mind in the span of one second.  

The third second, he put his thought into action. He turned on his heels and sped off through the halls, glancing up at the crack in the ceiling that was still there. It was odd how so much could happen, everything could change in the span of a few minutes, but even so, that crack was still there. And will always be there, until this building's end. The world doesn't stop spinning. The boy pushed his limits of speed, ignoring his rasping breath. He didn't care for the beads of sweat running down his light red face. He didn't care for the pain that shot through his legs.

Because he was the only one who could make this right now. He entered Todoroki's chamber again. The metal door was left open. Izuku entered in a rush but quickly skidding to a halt by what he saw there. Nothing. He saw nothing. No white folds of hair in the dim light that shone through the open door. No glowing icy gray and blue eyes staring up at him with hate. No rise and fall of his somewhat ragged breath. 

Shoto Todoroki had escaped. 

The only thing left was his chains. They were covered in ice. He must've seen this as a perfect opportunity to escape. And Izuku the left the door wide open for him to. He seized his chance. He could be freeing Bakugou right now! Or leaving with Midnight. He could be long gone. If only Midoriya had acted sooner. If only he hadn't been so caught up in his dream state.