Chapter 04

Chapter 04

When Judy was finally finished with all her work-all thanks to her super speed as a vampire-it was already time for lunch. Oliver went off first and Judy saw him approaching that man earlier. After some small talks and all smiles, they both went to take the lift together. Judy could not help but to smile as well, seeing how Oliver approached him so smoothly.

Judy logged off her computer and took out her handbag from the lowest drawer. The restaurant was not far away with just five minutes’ walk from her office. The weather was cold and windy; she was glad that she had brought her scarf along. She was walking past a large park when a scent caught her attention. It was a blood scent. She looked around her, trying to find where the scent was coming from. She followed against the wind direction where the blood scent gets stronger and stronger. She ended up in walking to an isolated part of the park with lots of trees around where the tree leaves rustled as the wind bellowed. She had found the source. The vampire, a woman, looked up at Judy when she sensed her presence and her eyes narrowed. A teenage Asian boy in her arms, the side of his neck covered with blood. The vampire wiped the blood on her mouth with the back of her hand and licked it. She inhaled deeply and the look on her face seemed to enjoy the scent - Judy’s scent. She licked her lips as she eyed on Judy.

“My… my… Aren’t you a pureblood? What business do you have with me?” the woman asked.

Judy looked at the boy in her arms. He was already fainted and she could hear him breathing in difficult. The boy was going to die if she had come a few minutes late.

“I don’t share,” the woman said when she noticed Judy was looking at the boy. “Well, I could probably make this time an exception – if you let me have a taste of your blood.”

Judy knew, as a pureblooded vampire, her blood was different from humans and other vampires who were not pureblooded - the scent was much stronger, distinct and enticing. That was the reason why the vampire knew she was pureblooded by sniffing the air.

“I’m here to clean the area,” Judy told the vampire.

The smile on the woman’s face disappeared. “That isn’t your job.”

“Just a hobby of mine,” Judy replied and pulled out her weapon. The blades came out the same time she swung them.

The woman’s eyes widened as she looked at the sword Judy was holding. “That’s…” she swallowed. “There’s no mistaken it,” she continued as she studied the weapon. “The scripts on those blades… they were the same ones as those vampire hunters’ weapons.” She then narrowed her eyes on Judy. “These weapons are made to kill vampires and reject vampire’s touch. How does a vampire like you able to hold and use them let alone possessing one such weapon?”

Judy kept quiet. She did not feel the need to answer her question. Caught unaware, her weapons were knocked off from her hands to the ground several feet away. She looked at the red marks on her fingers. Luckily, she was quick to let go, else her hands would be severely injured, or probably cut off, by that powerful force.

“Isn’t that a dangerous weapon?” a new voice said. “You shouldn’t be wielding such a thing as a lady.”

Judy turned to look at the three male vampires who stood nearby. They hid their presence so well that Judy could not sense their presence earlier. The one in the middle seemed to be the leader.

The turned male vampire dashed towards Judy. “Stop chatting and let’s play already!”

Judy managed to dodge his fast and powerful strikes. The vampire was obviously trained in fighting.