Chapter 06

Chapter 06

Judy eyed on the clock on her computer: 20:12. Sharks… she mouthed. It’s already this late?  She was so concentrated in her work that she had lost track of time. She quickly packed her stuff and went down to the lobby.

When she came out from the lift, she saw Brandt was sitting on a chair in the waiting area. She went up to him.

Brandt saw her approaching and his face lit up. He rose up from the chair and approached her. “Finally off work?”

“Brandt…” Judy was glad to see him. And she had to wonder if he was actually waiting for her.

“I’ll drive you home,” he offered.

 “Sure.”

“That’s unexpected.”

She cocked an eyebrow at him, “Should I have rejected?”

“No,” he said and went over to hold her hands. “But try prolonging your answer next time.”

“And why is that?”

“Hmm,” he shifted his eyes away and then back to her. “It makes me think that you’re eager to bed me too.”

“That’s totally unrelated. And ‘too’?”

“It’s a chain of event,” he smirked.

“Then I better not ask for details. I’m in a rush. Can we go now?”

“Say ‘Please, handsome Brandt’.”

“I’ll just catch a cab then.”

Brandt shook his head and smiled. He gave her a kiss on the forehead. “A little reward for myself,” he told her before she questioned him. He took her by the hand and led her out from the lobby where his car was parked. “Jules, love. Meet my darling,” he said as the saffron yellow sports car beeped.

“You call your car darling?” she asked as she stared at his car in awe. She had to admit she fell in love with it in first sight just like she did for him.

“Yes, and I call you love.”

“You sounded like I’m one of your possessions.”

He opened the passenger door for her and she slid in. “In a way. You’re mine after all.”

When he slid into the driver’s seat, he pressed the starter button and the car roared into life. “Seatbelts, love.” Judy lifted one corner of her lip but obliged. They reached her house in less than 20 minutes.

“Thanks so much,” Judy said and unfastened her seatbelt. She was about to get out of the car when she recalled something. She leaned towards Brandt and gave him a good kiss. He was stoned at first but gradually, the corner of his lips turned upwards. He was smiling as they kissed and she really loved it somehow. “That’s one wonderful ‘thank you’ kiss,” he said after they parted. “Thank you.”

She smiled. “See you tomorrow at work,” she said and she stepped out of the car.

“Can I fetch you to work tomorrow as well?” he asked and that question startled Judy. “Please?”

She nodded. That look on his face, she just could not say no.

“Breakfast together along the way?”

“Sure, but it’ll be on me,” she told him. She explained before he asked, “You gave me a ride today and tomorrow to work. You even treated me lunch today.”

Brandt shook his head. “No, I prefer you to give me more ‘thank you’ kisses like the one earlier,” he told her and grinned.

“How about free breakfast and kisses from me?”