Slave To Love ~ 1

Chapter 1

'To see you standing there grown into a man makes me proud to call you my son', a 60-year old Eric Morrison, the owner of the Morisson Empire said, giving his son a bear hug.

Today marks the day that Eric is turning over all the company's responsibility to his only son Aaron Dominic Morrison. A private ceremony bestowed to his heir which was a family tradition of the Morisson's since the beginning of time.

'Thanks dad', Aaron replied. 'Mom said she will cook dinner for us tonight', he grinned.

'I know, she called me up via FaceTime', his father grinned back.

Aaron laughed. 'You and mom are enjoying each other's company still, huh?'

'Well, I have loved that woman all my life, why not add a little spice in our relationship?', Eric winked. 'She's the only person who gets me and can read my thoughts so better to court her everyday and indulge her gusto'.

Aaron nodded. He knew his parents love story very well. A mere coincidence of fate and a fascinating obsession that blossomed into love.

He sat on the dark blue-black colored chair infront of his father's massive desk, which will be his property by tomorrow. He got himself comfortable and started rubbing his pouty sexy, lower lip with his index finger, a habit since childhood especially when he is having ideas.

Sometimes it made him wonder if true love still exists in his generation.

Women come and go in his life that he lost count how many of them he had touched. Visions of several faces, most already unnamed due to quick, brief encounter came into his mind. Frowning to himself, realizing that none of those ladies caught his eye just like how his dad worshipped his mom, made him want to start panting with sweat. He knew for a fact he is not getting younger and that his parents now both retired would want to have a grandchild from him. His younger sister Skye is still in college so she is definitely out of the question.

'A penny for your thoughts?'

'E-excuse me?', he asked, distracted. he noticed his father smiling slightly at him.

'Women trouble?'

Aaron laughed crispily. His dad knew him so well.

'Actually sir, it's a no'.

'Then what is it?', Eric took a sip of hot cocoa from a cup. He brought the mini-thermos with him from home. A home-made cocoa passed on by Aaron's grandma to his mom Nicolaa. A family recipe with secret ingredients that only the James' knew of.

'Come on, you know you can tell papa everything', Eric grinned.

Aaron shook his head slightly but he answered.

'Do you think I can find someone like... like mom?', he hesitated. He doesn't want it to sound like he is desperate.

'There's no one like her. She is of a rare breed', Eric teased.

'Dad, I'm serious', Aaron felt like a teen-ager in his puberty asking his dad about girls. But he is aware his father is teasing.

Eric stared at him seriously. The kind of look that makes meek people scared but for those who knew Eric so well like his family, that's the kind of look he makes when he is in deep, raw emotion of overthinking. Simply put it, that's how he looks like when he worries.

After a minute or two of staring at each other, Eric finally replied.

'Find someone who is decent', was his father's only reply.

Decent. That's it.

It means his parents wouldn't care whether he'll fall for someone who isn't within their social status.

His mom came from an average, decent family so that means his dad wants him to find a lady with the same kind.

Where can he find someone decent in a world full of liberated people where sexual favors are mostly given for free?

***

Dirt bug.

Dirt poor.

Dirty slut.

Daughter of a whore.

That's what they called her when she was a kid.

Catherine Messa is a lady who grew up reared by a heroin addict mother who doesn't know better but to do drugs and leave her own daughter starving in the streets.

If it wasn't for their neighbor, the Jose Family, Catherine would have been dead by now, like her mother who was found dead-cold on the floor at their tiny, messy apartment almost 15 years ago.

She was only 8 at that time when the Jose's took her in, adopted her and made her a part of their mexican family.

Now at twenty-three she is determined to pay them back with the kindness they showed her even if it takes taking risks and giving up her life.

Sitting on a chair located near Miguel's bed, watching him sleeping peacefully as of now, her tears started falling.

Two years ago, the family decided to spend a vacation in Arizona to celebrate his graduation. She wasn't able to go along with them for she was working at the school library as a payment for her full scholarship.

Gifted with a brilliant mind, the Jose slaved themselves in order to sent her to a known prestigious university, together with their only son Miguel who was almost a freshman at that time.

Unknowing that the family that loved her as their own is to met an accident that cost the lives of Both Papa Bert and Mama Martha.

And the only survivor of that fateful day was sixteen year-old Miguel who was in a deep coma for eight months. Surprisingly he was able to revive and surpassed that phase but he remained bedridden with his body slowly wasting away right before her very eyes due to his severe depression and constant attacks of seizures.

And now added to her predicament was a new procedure that should be done immediately in order to save his life.

The doctors said they need to do a spinal fixation in order for him to be able to walk again.

But her main problem is she doesn't have any money left with her. She sold the family house and everything in it. She has been staying and living in the hospital with Miguel, with only a few clothes behind her back. For even her own clothes she sold them just so she can pay for his hospital bills.

She's working three jobs all in all. She's a dogwalker in the morning, a nanny in the afternoon and a waitress at night. She sleeps only about 3-4 hours a day for two years but she doesn't have time to complain. For her younger brother, though not of her own blood, life is at stake.

And now here she sat, grasping his hand while the other is holding a paper. A list of the hospital expenses she needs to pay before next week comes.

A tear fell from the corner of her eye that she quickly brushed away.

She needs to do something. Whatever it takes, she must find a way to get him back on his feet.

She's got to.

She can't lose him.

For he's the only family she's got now.