Chapter 14 - Jensen

I have edited the last two chapter quite a bit so if you have read this story maybe reread those two chapters cuz they are different. Enjoy this fresh new chapter!

Jensen: 

My palms were sweaty, my breathing short and my mind was going a million miles an hour as I walked up to meet Avery. She sat there looking around like a little meerkat, trying to spot me I guessed, or maybe she was looking for Tyler.

As I got closer I could smell the beautiful pastries and the strong smell of delicious coffee radiating from the cafe. I hadn't slept so a coffee would be heaven right about now. I got to her table and sat down, 'Hey,' I wasn't sure why but I was whispering. 'Is he still here?' She simply smiled an evil smile and nodded in a direction with her head. I followed her gaze and there he was.

He was reading a book, sat in one of the over sized arm chairs near the other entrance of the cafe. He wore a cream knitted sweater that just clung to his body. His dark hair messed up and a focused look on his face. All of a sudden I felt wrong. Riley jumped into my head and I felt like me looking at Tyler was breaking a rule but at the same time so many emotions came back from when I was with Tyler. 

It had been 2 years or so since I had seen him and he'd only improved with age. I needed o know why he had never reached out or tried to see me until now. I had to give him a piece of my mind but first I needed sustenance. 'Avery, go get me a coffee, double shot.' I barked at her. My abruptness shocked her and she stared at me, looking annoyed.

'I'm sorry, please. I'm freaking out.'

'Sure, add caffeine to you're system, that'll calm you right down.' She was right but she got up anyway and headed over to get in the line for coffee. I could feel a presence behind me so I swung around expecting a waitress and caught my tongue in my throat when I realised it was Tyler standing right there. Right there in front of me.  

'Jensen? Is that you?' he asked. Words...words would be good right about now.

Say something..Say anything..

I shock my head and snapped back to reality. 'Ahh, Hi.' It was all I could manage. I had to pull myself together and fast. Lucky for me Avery returned with my steaming cup of beauty, saving me from dying on the spot. 

'Hey, here's your c-' she stopped noticing who was in front of her. 'Why hello there,' her smile as big as the Cheshire Cat's. 

'Tyler you remember Avery..' I could do this, Avery had my back.

'Oh yeah, the little freshmen with the dirty mind. You're all grown up.' He said, he was trying to keep it light but it felt a little forced for some reason.

'Not as grown up as you, big boy,' she winked at him and I gave her a side ways glare. That's Avery though.

He looked away, his cheeks turning a light shade of pink before turning back to Avery. I forgot they did that. 'Oh yeah, you haven't change.' he laughed.' Unfortunately for you neither have I.. I'm still gay.' I chuckled under my breath.

'Yeah well that's neither here nor there.' She looked at me and that evil smile was back. 'Well staying here clearly isn't getting me any closer to getting laid so I'm out.' she jumped out and gave me a quick kiss on the top of my head. I was begging her to stay with my eyes but she just laughed and skipped off on her way.

'Wow, smooth Avery,' I said trying to laugh off the awkwardness that had now landed on our meeting. I motioned for Tyler to sit down in Avery's spot and he did.

'So, what are you doing here?' I asked him before he'd had a chance to speak. I was controlling this conversation. The coffee had fired me up and I was ready to get answers.