Life's a bitch, then you die, then you sell your soul PART ONE

I was once the nice girl. Did great in school and treated everyone how I wanted to be treated even if they didn't return the favor. I was low on the food chain, actually at the bottom. Try being known as the girl that does every ones homework. I had the smarts but not the beauty at least that's what I thought. Everyone calls me Tamsin but my mother called me Tam Tam, I dislike when others call me by that with few exceptions. Esther, my mother died four days after my ninth birthday from a car crash. I wish it was my dad who had died that day. All he ever did was drink and fight with my mother, now all he does is drink and shout at me. My life was shit and I hated it. There were days where I wanted to run away and days when I wanted to die. That day came on my eighteenth birthday, that night I had to make the hardest decision of my life, to live or to die and I wouldn't have had to make that choice if I wasn't drinking like my father, but let's not start there. Let's start when the day of my birthday started.

Friday September 25th, I read my calendar happy it was my eighteenth birthday but upset it was only the end of the fourth week of my senior year. As much as I loved school I hated it too. I started the morning like every other, brushing my teeth and putting my hair up in a messy bun. I put on a grey over sized sweater (which I knew I would regret since it was 80 degrees out) with a pair of blue skinny jeans and white sneakers. I walked down stairs pushing my stray hairs out of my face. Every morning on my birthday I walk into the kitchen expecting to see my mother cooking and humming. Instead I enter an empty kitchen everyday. The house was so quiet in the mornings it sounded as if it was abandoned, I was surprised it wasn't taken over by cobwebs. I opened the fridge to see that food shopping was on my list for this weekend. I grabbed an apple off the counter and stood for a few minutes outside eating my apple before the bus arrived. The bus doors opened and I stepped on.

"Good morning Tamsin." I heard every morning I stepped on.

"Good morning Carol." I smiled at the bus driver. I sat in the first seat like I've done every school year. Now it was just embarrassing being the only senior who still took the bus. My best friend Casey offers to pick me up in his royal blue convertible in the mornings but the fear of my dad one day being up and acting like a drunken asshole taunts me. Once we arrived at the school I made my way to Caseys' locker where I would wait for him everyday before class. Everyone was in their separate groups chatting and gossiping. I may not have a group but I had Casey and that was ok to me. If we hadn't known each other since we were kids then I'm sure he wouldn't be seen with me since he was in the popular group on top of the food chain. He was good looking and he had money which was a very important factor in this school. Though he still gets judged for being my friend he always stays by my side.

"Morning my little snow bunny." I heard coming my way. Casey called me that because my skin had little pigment.

"Hey." I hugged him and then watched as he got his books out of his locker.

"Here." Casey closed his locker and handed me a small blue box tied off with a white ribbon.

"What's this?" I asked untying the bow.

"Happy birthday snow bunny. How could I forget." He smiled at me. He always remembered my birthday, my own father couldn't even do that. I opened the box and found a bracelet. It was sterling silver with a bunny shaped charm embedded with diamonds and it was clearly expensive.

"Casey it's beautiful. Way more than I deserve. Thank you. I love it." I took the bracelet out of the box and had him place it on my left wrist. I never bothered trying to return his gifts anymore because in the end he would always win.

"I'm happy you like it." At that time Lufian and Rhiannon the two most known people of the school were approaching us with full intent to only speak to Casey.