Chapter 8 - Harrowing Times

Chapter 8 - Harrowing TImes 

            Erin’s short haircut sometimes made her look like Justin Beiber but she really didn’t care, it was economical. It worked. Her rucksack and lucky sharks tooth was all she needed. The lights rushed by outside her window. She didn’t sleep on the train partially because she couldn’t sleep on the train. It just didn’t work like that. Not for her, not living on the road. Part of her insides knew she could never really truly sleep, sure close her eyes but only for a minute. The train screeched to a halt Erin grabbed her bag and hopped off.

            The Denver air was warm, stifling, she knew this was her stop. As she left the station and walked down the streets of Denver Erin sensed something. A group of guys, drunk and wanting, following her, in a second they were on her. There were three of them.

            Like lightning, Erin took action, she grab one flinging him like a rag doll into a nearby dumpster. She jumped into the air and liked a skilled warrior placed a round kick on the tallest ones temple sending him to the ground. The third one was almost going to pounce when she leapt over him and held out her hand. A red glow transformed into a dagger, which she pointed at the man.

            Instantly, he put his hands up. Just like that, she made these three tough men into puppies.

            “Don’t let me ever, I mean EVER, catch any of you harassing women again or it’s your dicks in a jar.” Erin smirked, they were scared – that’s how she liked her men. “Okay,” She dropped the knife and it quickly faded away. “Now tell me where I can catch a bus to Middleton, there is someone I have to meet.”

***

Mr. Lenoir looked particularly handsome that Thursday morning. Ford noticed that his history teacher wore t-shirts the warmer it got. The tight fitting shirt clung to his body showing every curve of his muscle. Even the slight turn of his Pecs was enough to send a shiver right down to Ford’s groin.  Summer had hit Colorado hard that year and everyone was breaking out their shorts and t-shirts. Everyone, including Ford’s unrequited love, although, Ford had finished all his make-up work weeks before, he continued to help his teacher out after school.

            The final bell rang and Ford waited for everyone to leave before approaching the attractive elder. He wanted Mr. Lenoir so badly every nighttime fantasy, every time he touched himself, it was all with longing towards his teacher.

            “What do you need help with today?” Ford asked moving closer to the tall man.

            “Well, I guess just checking out the travel packets for the summer trip,” Mr. Lenoir handed over some manila folders. “Nothing too big.”

            Ford took the folders, the summer trip this year was to England and while Mr. Lenoir pulled as many strings as he could to get donations it was still somewhat expensive. Ford wanted to go but wasn’t sure if he could afford it. Occasionally, teachers would put on week-long trips during the summer. Sometimes it was more local like within the United States but other times, if the teachers wanted to put in the effort they would make it more exciting.

            “Have you figured out if you can make it?” Mr. Lenior asked as Ford flipped through the folders.

             Audrey had been begging him for weeks but he wasn’t sure if he could pull the money together. “I don’t know Mr. Lenoir. I want to but money is kind of tight.”