Chapter 11 - Killing Time

            Levi scratched his name into a piece of paper. His mind still raced with thoughts of what happened with Ford during finals week. Ford had been ignoring his calls. The summer had continued on boringly enough and Levi was stuck in summer school due to a failed history final.

            “And that’s all,” Mr. Lenoir finished and his eyes connected with Levi’s for the first time that class. Most of it Levi had been looking down at his paper. 

            Levi stood up and started to leave the classroom passing Mr. Lenoir’s desk. Levi was determined to get to the gym today. He needed to work out and try to sweat out all the emotion in his heart.

***

            Knock, knock. Audrey crossed her arms, impatient and uncomfortable. She shuffled her feet and fuzzy pink socks along with long pajama pants and an orange t-shirt completed her outfit. She knocked again and sighed. She couldn’t sleep. Frankly, her mind was racing ever since her class got onto the plane in Denver. It was a long flight, a layover in Newark, and then another longer flight to London.  Then here she was in a hotel not too far from Piccadilly Circus, waiting in her pajamas outside her friend’s hotel room.

            The door opened and she glanced a peak at a shirtless Carter trying to shield his eyes from the light as Ford stepped out into the hallway.

            “Can’t sleep?” Ford rubbed some sleep from his eyes as they adjusted to the light.

            “No,” Audrey leaned against the wall. “I know I am supposed to be resting for the big day tomorrow but I am just-“ Audrey shrugged her shoulders and Ford instantly knew his friend needed to chat. Ford looked at Audrey and smiled.

            “Go throw on some jeans and grab a coat.” Ford smirked. He met Audrey in the hotel lobby a few minutes later and they both looked at the entrance to the hotel. “We are going out on the town,” Ford announced.

            “But you know we aren’t supposed to leave the hotel.” Audrey smirked and started towards the doors. “I guess you’ve started to find your bad-boy streak.”

            The two left the hotel and after walking a few blocks came to a small café. It was closed but it looked like a nice place to get a coffee. They sat down on the curb as some party goers walked by.

            “You never said, what it bothering you?” Ford asked.

            “You know, I was feeling really shitty earlier,” Audrey took a deep breath. “Wow, we are here. Can you believe it? It’s wild. Sitting at home in Middleton, you never really think- I don’t know – like I never really thought I’d get too far away from that town.”

            “And here you are,” Ford looked up at the buildings. Everything was so different, yet so similar. The architecture was beautifully old; it felt like everything had a weight to it. “I’m glad I came. I think this is the perfect way to end the summer and start the new school year,”

            “Ford, there is something I want to tell you,” Audrey started but was cut off.

            “Both you yanks, give up your money.” A man holding a knife out at the two,