Chapter 3

Chapter 3

We hear the thundering sound of drum roll continuing. The sound of drum roll slowly fades out.

TREVOR: Ryder, will it be Bachelorette #1, Bachelorette #2, or Bachelorette #3?

It's all quiet in the studio. Everybody eagerly awaits Ryder's decision. Ryder gets ready to speak into the microphone.

RYDER:  I choose...

All of sudden, there is a violent shake and rumble in the studio. The TV signal flickers and the power goes dead. Everything blacks out.

Home of a “Fateful” in New York City - Mid afternoon, A.D. 1975

A “Fateful” is watching "The Dating Game” show, her eyes glued to the TV screen. All of sudden the TV screen blacks out. The “Fateful” lets out a grunt and moans. She gets up, goes to the TV, and impatiently taps the TV, trying to make the program resume - still no signal. She changes the channel, and the TV screen comes back on.

NYX: “Breaking News!!! - This just in. A 6.7 magnitude earthquake just hit Burbank, Southern California. It’s mayhem out there. We are told that a TV studio was broadcasting "The Dating Game” show at the moment, starring “The Fates”. We do not know if there are any casualties or fatalities. Thousands of concerned faithful friends and followers of “The Fates” have gathered at FFHQ, The Fates Fandom HeadQuarters, in Cyperspace. Please stand by for the next upFate...”

Home of the "Fateful" in Pardise Valley, Arizona  - Late morning, A.D. 2014

“upFate”...”upFate”...”upFate”... it rings like an alarm clock in her head. The zonked out little slow brained "Fateful" wakes up slowly, rubbing her eyes. She throws a casual glance at the clock while yawning. Her eyes bulge and pop out. "Oh my gosh! I've slept in so late. It’s almost noon!"... She quickly gets up. "Oh, no!, of all days, why today? Today is Saturday, an upFate day, and I am way late. Let me quickly log on." She talks to herself as she turns on her slow clunky computer. "I am always counting the days and hours for the upFate, but I hope she hasn’t posted it, not just yet, until I am there. I so want to be the first to comment on “The Fates” upFate by Ahna..."

Wait for me, Ahna...

I'll be there!

                                                                           - THE END -