Chapter 1

Chapter 1

Home of a “Fateful” in Paradise Valley, Arizona – Late evening, A.D. 2014

Have you read “The Fates” by Ahna? Oh! it’s so good. The best! I am a “Fateful”, as Ahna named us, the faithful friends and followers of “The Fates”.  Well, anyway, “The Fates” book is doing so well. It’s ranked number one in Adventure and Fantasy-Adventure, and approaching a whopping one million reads! And Ahna has published FFHQ (Fates Fandom HeadQuarters) book; she is kicking off Fateful Olympics, and I am so there! The first event coming up is FANFICTION Contest. I am not much of a writer, but I am a true die-hard "Fateful". So, of course, I am going to enter it. I must write a story based on the characters of “The Fates”. Now, where do I begin?

So, the "Fateful" attempts to write, write, and write. She scribbles and tosses it away and begins to write anew again, again, and again. It’s way past midnight, she continues to write and toss it away. Now, we are entering the deep still of the night. Her little slow brain is zonking out, and her eyes refuse to stay open. It just want to let go and close. But she tells herself, "I must keep going. I must. I must... I gotta get going. I gotta get busy. I am going to stay up whole night. Write I must, day and night. No time to waste. I am going for the gold!..."  As her heavy eye lids close, her inner voice snickers at her, “Going for the gold, huh?... Yeah, right!... Keep dreaming..."

A TV Studio in Burbank, California – Early afternoon, A.D. 1975

The camera crew is getting ready to shoot "The Dating Game” show live. The make-up artist is dabbing the final touches on the host. The three contestants are sitting in their chairs. The cameraman gives the signal - "Lights, Camera, Action!". The game show theme music begins to play.

ANALIESE: Welcome to "The Dating Game” show. We are coming to you live from Burbank, California. Please welcome your hosts, Charliese Primor and Trevor Mason!

The hosts walk on to the stage, and the theme music fades out.

TREVOR: Hello, everyone! How are you all doing? Charliese, you look lovely, as always!

CHARLIESE: Why, thank you! Trevor, my handsome co-host. Ready for another fun-filled matchmaking dating show? Let’s meet our three gorgeous contestants.

The theme music begins to play softly in the background. The camera shifts from the hosts to the darkened stage where the three contestants are sitting in silhouettes. The camera zooms in. A spotlight shines on Bachelorette #1 in the far left.

CHARLIESE: Bachelorette #1. Cloe is a travel book writer. She loves bay blues and marble statues.

The spotlight moves onto Bachelorette #2 in the center.

TREVOR: Bachelorette #2. Lacey is an event organizer. She loves trophies and pastries.

The spotlight moves onto Bachelorette #3 in the far right.

CHARLIESE: Bachelorette #3. Atria is a heartbreaker at a bar. She loves stilettos and black trench coat.

The stage for the contestants becomes brightly lit. There is a wall in between the contestants and the hosts areas. The stage is set, and the theme music fades out.

TREVOR: What lovely ladies we have here! All waiting to meet that lucky guy. And, who is the lucky guy?

CHARLIESE: Trevor, we have a special bachelor today. He just returned to the states from fighting a war. He is new in town and ready for some action. Here is our handsome bachelor, Ryder Perseus!

(Applause)