Sneak Peek (Prequel)

A small preview of the prequel I'm working on while I finish the next chapter of Trained One (sorry for the wait, hope this helps! it was almost done but I've been re-writing it in Travis' POV) This is just a snippet of a chapter from the prequel,...

A small preview of the prequel I'm working on while I finish the next chapter of Trained One (sorry for the wait, hope this helps! it was almost done but I've been re-writing it in Travis' POV) This is just a snippet of a chapter from the prequel, much like my other previous one a handful of chapters back that I left...so not everything will make sense, not everything is explained, but it's a little peek. As a point of reference, Cameron is 25 in Trained One.

Cameron.
Fifteen years old.
Juvenile Detention.

"Hey."

I didn't look at the guy as I continued doing pull-ups outside. We had some free time and while it'd only been a year, eight months, and twenty-six days, each time I went outside it felt like it'd been decades since I'd felt the sun. I wanted to make the most of it, not chit chat.

Family visitation was later today. I clenched my jaw as I did more pull-ups. I wasn't expecting anyone. I hadn't had a single visitor this whole time.

"Hey, Casey."

I narrowed my eyes as they persisted. The guy started knocking on one of the metal poles supporting the bar I was using, causing an annoying ding-ding-ding to fill the space around us.

I dropped down to the ground and stared at him. His blonde hair was buzzed after he had to get stitches in his head a few weeks ago from a fight that landed him in here. I could still see the wound healing. His precious dad couldn't or wouldn't bail him out. Aggravated assault. Battery. Possession. Maybe it was to teach him a lesson: don't get caught, don't be a dumbass, don't look that ugly.

Sterling Dacosta.

Annoyance was on my face. Amusement was on his. Sterling stood there, with that rabid rat look in his eyes, not saying a word. He scratched the side of his head.

I didn't have the patience for this. I turned and started walking away.

"Hey, I was talking to you," he protested.

I groaned under my breath, trying to stay level. I was so close to my two year mark and this piss ant wasn't going to take my freedom from me.

Sterling caught up to me, scratching his neck. "Do you have any drugs."

I shot him a look. Did he think I was crazy? Even if I did, I wasn't about to give them to him. The only reason I hadn't punched him yet was the three months and four days shining like a beacon at the end of the tunnel. I could do far worse to him than that little scratch on his head and then his dad would really be pissed. Fucking Dacostas.

He didn't like my silence. "I saw Annabeth before I came in."

I rolled my eyes.

"She's finally growing up. How old is she? You think she's fucking guys yet? I wouldn't mind breaking that cherry," he rambled, a sick look in his eyes.

I grabbed him by the collar of his uniform and instantly, Sterling shut up. He grinned.

I couldn't do anything to help Annabeth or Alex from in here and it was the only thing that killed me about being in here, the only reason I wanted to leave so badly.

"You don't like when I talk about her, got it. Don't worry, Casey," his arms came up to try to remove mine from his shirt but my grip was too tight. "I'll be gentle with her."

I pulled one of my hands back, ready to punch him in the jaw to shut him up when a guard came into view. He had his back turned towards us but it was only a matter of time before he turned around.

I flicked my eyes to Sterling, who was watching the guard like a hawk.

"Just imagine that, a Casey screaming a Dacosta's name," Sterling laughed like a giddy school girl, eyes trained on the guard still.

I wanted to dislocate his jaw until he couldn't talk about my family. My arm was itching to follow through. But I let him go, pushing him away from me and stalking off.

I was tense the rest of the day.