Chapter Four

Asher's POV

"Please Tommy.... Please." I hear Newt say from the TV.

"Don't let him die you IDIOT! There's literally a cure dumbo! CATCH ON!" I yell at the TV as I watch my favorite character from The Maze Runner so close to dying.

My phone starts ringing. Why is someone calling me at five in the morning. This is my time for tv. Flipping over my phone I see Derek's number. I accept the call and hold it up to my ear.

Me- "If you don't have a good reason for this then I'll chop your baby making tool off."

Derek- "Meet me at the hospital."

My eyes widen to his statement.

Me- "What happened? Are you okay? Hurt?"

Derek- "Its Grace."

Immediately I hang up and rush out the door, grabbing my car keys. Not even bothering to switch out of pajamas.

Hopping in the car, I speed all the way there. What happened to her? Why is she hurt? Why is my Pumpkin hurt? Who hurt her?? Questions surge through my mind the whole time while driving. Upon arrival Derek meets me at the front door of the hospital. I put my hands on his shoulder. Anyone could see thr concern in my eyes. It was radiating off of me. "Derek you tell me what happened right now."

"I was driving home from doing stuff.... And I saw someone who looked a lot like Grace sitting on the side of the road, so I stopped. And when I saw her..... She was in bad shape. It looked ad if she had gitten hit by a car man. It was bad. And when I got closer she tried to get up, and she couldn't and passed out."

"Who did this to her? Was she hit by a car? Would someone just hit her and leave? Or did someone physically do this?" I ask, not expecting an actually answer.

"Grace Conners?" A nurse asks. I quickly rush over.

"Are either of you family? Otherwise I cannot talk to you." She asks.

"I'm her brother." Derek says.

"Okay, it's okay if he stays then?" Nodding towards me.

"Yes, just tell us." Derek says.

"Grace has two broken ribs a concussion and an infected cut on the ankle which is beginning to spread throughout her leg, which without proper treatment, with an infection this severe, it could lead to paralysis in that foot, up to the highest being the knee. She's lucky we found it." She says. Her cut from the glass shard two or three weeks ago got infected? And she didn't tell me?

"She's resting now, but family can see her." I pause. I need to see her.

"I'm her cousin does that count???" I say very concerned.

She stares at me. Knowing I'm lying. She nods her head. "To anyone else you're both her brothers." She says and smiles at us letting us pass.

"Thank you so much." I say while rushing down the hall.

"Third room!" She yells. And we both rush into the room. Open  door my heart stops seeing the girl in front of me.

"Pumpkin." I whisper. Her face is all bruised. The black and blue spreading across. Her rib is wrapped around, and ugh. I just- it hurts seeing her like this.

A nurse comes in noticing our presence. She walks up to me and puts her hand on my shoulder. And I look down into her eyes. "She's gonna be okay. She really is. Just, a little time. And a lot of support." She tells me.

"Thank you." I say to her. I pause. "What happened to her?"

"We don't know. Seems like a car accident. We'll have to ask her when she wakes up. It will probably be tomorrow. It's gonna be a long night. You should both go home and sleep."