12

October 

One Week Later

I put my head in my hands as I waited for Marlon to come over. I had put it off all week, trying to figure out what to do. I just needed to tell both of them and get it over with. I groaned loudly when I heard the door open. 

"October?"  I heard Marlon yell. I didn't respond, I was suddenly regretting this. I heard his footsteps come into the room. "You okay?"

"I guess." I mumbled. "Just sit down."

"Okay..." He sat next to me and put an arm around me. I finally sat up and looked at him. "What's up?"

"Marlon let me explain everything first." I said. He looked at me confused. "I-I'm pregnant." Silence filled the room, I really didn't wanna tell him the rest. "But I just don't know Marlon."

"You don't know if you're pregnant?" He furrowed his eyebrows.

"N-no, I know I'm pregnant." I lowered my voice so he could barely hear me. "I just don't know if it's yours." 

"Who else have you slept with? I'm the only person you've been with right? Please tell me you're just fucking around." 

"I'm not." 

"Who then?"

"Uh, Aubrey." I whispered.

"What the fuck did you just say?" He yelled. He stood from the couch. "You've got to be kidding me."

"Marlon, calm d-"

"No, fuck no, this isn't okay." He yelled. "Tober how can you be so stupid? Not only did you sleep with him, you didn't use protection. What the hell is wrong with you?" 

"What the hell is wrong with you? You're acting like a total asshole."

"I have the right, you're over here sleeping with everyone."

"I have slept with two people my whole life, I'm not a whore." I stood up, right in front of him. "God, you're just, I don't know. Just leave."

"Whatever this is complete bullshit." He mumbled. "I'm not claiming that thing," He point to my stomach. "Until it get tested." He turned around and a few seconds later I heard the door slam. I sat down on the couch and felt tears leaving my eyes. 

**

 I sighed as I pulled the door open to the huge office building. The same man that I yelled at last time was there and he let me up. I held my purse tighter as the elevator went up, I really wasn't ready for this. 

After Marlon's reaction yesterday I wasn't ready for Aubrey's. I should've expected it though. Marlon hated Aubrey more than anyone in the world. It may not have seemed like it, but Marlon cared for me more than anyone in the world, he just says hurtful things sometimes. To be honest, I could see myself with Marlon more than Aubrey. He just understood me more and would do anything for me but I just couldn't stay away from Aubrey.

I groaned when I reached the floor. I could've taken the easy way out and just gotten rid o-, I'm not even gonna finish that thought. I couldn't kill a child like that. With my luck, both boys would find out and hate me forever. I tucked my thoughts in the back of my mind and stepped up to the desk. 

"Can I help you?" The lady, Rhea I think, said.

"Uh is Aubrey here?"

"Yes ma'am, I'll call him now." I nodded and she picked up the phone. I zoned out for the few seconds she was talking to him until she hung up. The sad smile on her face said it all. "I'm sorry but Mr. Graham isn't seeing anyone right now."

"It's really important." I sighed.

"I'm sure it is, but he said absolutely no one can come in." I was really trying to control my anger cause she'd been nothing but nice to me.

 "Please ma'am, I really need to see him." 

"I'm only doing my job and if you can't cooperate, I'll have to call security." She sighed. I grew even angrier, I really had no time for this.

"Whatever." I rolled my eyes and turned around. I walked towards the elevator and hit the button forcefully.

As I waited for the elevator, I thought. I have no idea what it was but it hit me. I was never one to give up on something, I was going to get into his office. The doors opened but I didn't step in, I turned around and stormed right past the lady. She yelled at me and threatened  to call security. I know she did because as I continued, I heard her talking on the phone. I opened the door to his office and walked right up to him. 

"You think I'm just gonna leave like that asshole?" I yelled. "You know what? Fuck you. I fucking hate you and this stupid ass building and your perfect life. You can't always have things your way Aubrey. I wasn't just gonna walk out of the fucking building, I'm gonna stand up to you cause no one else will." After my rant he turned around and looked at me, I could already see how angry he was.

"You think cause you're pregnant you can do anything now?" My jaw dropped to the floor when he said that. "Yeah, I know." He paused and I heard a few people enter the room. "She's fine, just go." He ordered the people. I heard the door close and it was just us.

"What? H-how did you know?" I managed to get out. Really, he should be the one that's surprised.

"That fuckboy came by earlier and gave me the news. He didn't know that I didn't know and came in just like you did. He went on and on about how I wasn't getting near you or the baby." He glared. "You told me you weren't with him." 

"I'm not." I crossed my arms.

"That's not what he said." 

"Well he lied, we're not together." I took a seat across from him. 

"Whatever, I really don't care about your pointless relationship." He barked. This was the most pissed off I've ever seen Aubrey. "Just tell that kid not to come into this building. Actually I don't even want you here again, you're both ruining my reputation."

"Are you gonna address the baby thing?" I asked with attitude laced in my voice.

"What is there to say? You're pregnant and you don't know who's it is." He sat back in his chair. "What? You wanna go on Maury with him and I?"

"No, I want you to give me some feedback."

"October." He sighed. "We'll see how it goes, play it by ear. If you need things while you're pregnant, I'll be there, okay?" He was starting to soften up. "When the baby comes out we'll know for sure who's it is."

"So you'll still be there for me?" 

 "Yeah, I don't want it to be my kid and you tell her that I wasn't there for you." 

"Are you mad at me?" I mumbled.

"Yes." He said. "But I'm just confused right now. I'm happy but I don't know if it's mine. It's just a mess."

"I know." I sighed. "Look, I gotta go and I'm sure you gotta get back to work. Thanks for listening I guess."

"Yeah." I grabbed my bag and walked out.

**

Sorry it took so long :((

Leave some feedback and Vote!

~Keyanna