8

October

I brushed a piece of hair behind my ear as I rang the doorbell. After hours of arguing with Marlon about coming, he finally agreed. He was right, my friends didn't like him much, but who cares? If he put in a little more effort to meet them, they would like him more. Marlon was hard to make friends with too. He didn't have many friends besides the ones in Houston and a few here. I only got him to come because I begged. I left out the part where Aubrey would be here but it wasn't that important. 

After a few moments the door opened and Hayley was standing there.

"October, it's about damn time you got here." She smiled and pulled me into a hug. Once she released me, I checked the time.

"It's 6:50, ten minutes early." 

"I needed you here early to help me with some stuff." She said, I could tell she was a little off. Hayley looked behind me and looked Marlon up and down. "Hey... Marcus?"

"Marlon." He cleared his throat. 

"Sorry, I suck at names." She smiled. "Anyway you guys can come in." Marlon and I stepped inside and was met with the scent of chicken. "So tonight we're hav-"

"Chicken, green beans, mashed potatoes?" Marlon cut her off.

"Yeah, I don't know how you got all that." She said, surprised. Marlon could smell food from a mile away. He could distinguish  which scent and knew what it was. It was kinda freaky to me, but I got used to it.

"It's a skill." He put his hands in his pockets as we followed her to the living room where Mel was sitting.

"Marlon, can you wait here with Mel for a moment?" Hayley asked.

"Uh, yeah sure." He said uncomfortably. I was about to speak when Hayley grabbed my arm and pulled me down to their bedroom. Once we where in there, she turned to me.

"What is wrong with you?" I asked.

"First off, why did you bring him?" 

"Cause I wanted to." I mumbled. "What's wrong with you?"

"October, I needed you to come early so I can tell you something." She sighed. "Did you ever wonder why all of the sudden Mel wanted to get married?"

"I thought you both wanted to get married." I said. Thinking about it now, this was sorta all of the sudden.

"I mean we did but..." She paused for a moment. "I'm pregnant."

"What? Really?" I said excitedly.

"Yeah, I'm happy and all I just don't want our wedding to be rushed." She ran a hand over her face. 

"Hayley, you've waited five years to get married, it's not rushed." I mumbled.

"I know, I know. You've always known I was the one who wanted to wait so long, I feel like this is an excuse." She sighed.

"What's holding you back?" I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Maybe I'm no-" She cut herself off. 

"You're not what?" I urged.

"I'm not sure October, okay?" She covered her face. "What if Mel isn't the one? Like I really haven't dated that many people."

"Woah, woah where is this coming from?" 

"I don't know, maybe I'm over thinking it but I really don't know anymore." She sighed. 

"You shouldn't be telling this to m-" As I said that I heard a glass break.

"Hold that thought." We both stood up and walked back to the living room. The sight shouldn't have surprised me as much as it did. CT was holding Aubrey back while Mel held Marlon back, both were pushing to get to the other.

 "What the hell?" I yelled. Mel turned to me and Marlon took that as an opportunity to get out of his arms. He pushed CT out of the way and punched Aubrey. I started towards them to break up the fight but Ryan quickly held me back. "Let go Ryan." I yelled.

"October you really don't need to get into that." He said. I looked over his should to see them beating the shit out of each other with Mel and CT trying to break it up.

"Let go!" I tried pushing past him, which was no use. 

"October, you see them, they're not stopping. You're gonna get hit." 

"Ryan, let me the fuck go." I screamed.

"October stop." Hayley yelled at me. "You're causing more chaos." I calmed down a bit and watched as CT finally got  Aubrey off the top of Marlon. I looked at the damage to both of them. Aubrey's whole shirt was ripped, he had a few scratches on his body and he had a black eye. Marlon looked worst, he had a busted lip and bruised cheek, with a few cuts on his face and body. Ryan finally let go of me. 

I looked over at Aubrey, who had hopeful eyes that I would chose him over Marlon. I shut my eyes and turned towards Marlon. I walked over and grabbed his face, examining the damage. 

"Fuck this." I heard Aubrey mumbled and push past everyone. He made his way out, slamming the door. Hayley followed after him, making sure he was fine. I grabbed Marlon's hand and lead him to the kitchen, where I grabbed a dish towel and got it wet.

"What the hell happened." I sighed loudly. I ran the cloth over his cuts.

"Nothing." I rolled my eyes.

"That wasn't nothing, you're gonna fucking tell me." I said annoyed.

"He just likes to talk shit." 

"So do you Marlon." I knew from past experiences, Marlon would lie to me. He liked to pick fights, but lie when it came to talking about it.

"Man October, I don't need you hassling me. Damn." He mumbled. 

"I don't need you starting random ass fights with my exs." I raised my voice. 

"Man whatever, can we just go home?" He smacked his lips. I rolled my eyes and set the cloth down. I walked out to the living room, seeing it torn apart. Ryan, Mel, Shay and CT where trying to clean it up. 

"Guys, I'm gonna go." I sighed. 

"October, I need to talk to you later." Mel said.

"Do you know what happened." I ran my hand over my face.

"Yeah, I'll call you about it layer this week." I nodded and grabbed my things.

"Thanks Mel." I turned and started towards the door. I walked outside and Marlon was waiting beside the door. "Let's go." 

**

Comment and Vote

A/N: So I had plans on updating last Saturday but that was my Drake vs Lil Wayne concert date. Y'all it slayed my life, I think I died and was reborn. I'm still recovering for real though. Anyway, I just finished this and it's the first day I haven't had homework since school started. Can I get a little more feedback though? Sorry for the wait.

~Keyanna