11

October
2Weeks Later

Forgetting about Aubrey was harder than I thought it would be. I promised myself as soon as he left, I would forget about that asshole. Who was he to tell me I was playing games, that son of a bitch had only been back in my life for a week. One week is all it took for shit to go wrong with us.

"October are you okay?" Addison asked.

"Yeah why?" I asked packing my things up. We had just finished the show.

"You're just so quiet, you usually talk more after a show." She said.

"Nah, I'm fine. I just have a lot on my mind I guess." I grabbed my bag and stood. "I have a lot of things I need to do, see you tomorrow?" 

"Yeah, bye hun." I waved to her and made my way out of the building. Once I made it to my car I started towards the cafe I told Mel I'd meet him at. We needed to talk about the other night, Ryan and him saw the whole thing and I knew they'd give me honest answers. 

Marlon had told me that Aubrey started it and Aubrey told me Marlon started it. I really didn't know what to believe at this point. This is why I didn't do relationships, men were stupid. They couldn't make up their minds and thought of women as territory. I wasn't taking that shit. 

As I walked into the cafe I instantly spotted Mel. He sat in some jogging pants and a tee shirt, with a menu in front of him. I walked over and sat down. 

"Hey October." He gave me a smile.

"What's up?" I said.

"Nothing, just got some listening to your set. You did good today."

"Thanks, I could've done better I have a lot of things on my mind." I sighed.

"Wanna talk about it? I'm not Hayley but I'll listen." I let out a loud breath.

"I messed up." I was about to speak when a waiter came up. We quickly told him what we wanted and he went to put it in. "Anyway, where was I?"

"You messed up?" 

"Yeah, Mel I slept with Aubrey." I ran a hand over my face. 

"You what?!" He raised his voice, gaining stares.

"Shh, Mel you're attracting attention." I ran a few fingers through my hair. "I slept with him the other night, no big deal. It was a one time thing."

"October, did you guys, you know..." He trailed off.

"Did we what?" 

"Did you use protection?" He whispered. I raised an eyebrow.

"Of cour-" I paused. Did I? I was usually so careful, how could I slip up this one time?

"You're making me worry."

"I-I don't think so. Oh God Mel. I-I need to go right now." I quickly grabbed my bag. Suddenly, this fight was the last thing on my mind.

"Wait October." He stood. I quickly ran out of the restaurant and to my car. I needed to figure this shit out. I climbed into my car and sped off to the nearest drug store. As I did, I pulled out my phone and called Hayley.

"October, my break is almost over is this important?" She answered.

"Hayley it's a fucking code red, meet me at my house now." I told her.

"Code red? That serious?" She asked.

"Yes! I need you to meet me now." I yelled.

"Okay, okay give me a few minutes I gotta get out of here." She said.

"Alright." I said quickly then hung up. I parked my car fast and ran into the store. I power walked to the pregnancy aisle and picked out a few random tests. I took them to the front and had them rang up. Once I was done I ran back to my car and drove the twenty minute drive home. When I arrived Hayley was waiting outside the door.

"October, this better be important. I left work for this." She mumbled, as I unlocked the door.

"Hayley, Mel brought it to my attention I didn't use protection with Aubrey."

"What? Wait, you spelt with Aubs?" She asked, confused. I lead her into the house.

"Yes, it's a long story. It just happened." I kicked off my shoes and made my way to the bathroom with the tests. I cracked the door and let Hayley wait outside as I took out one stick. I quickly did everything necessary and set the stick down to process. As it did I ran out to the kitchen to drink more water. "I'm taking more than one of these bitches to make sure." I said. I chugged the rest of the water before refilling. 

"You should." She said. "Are you sure it's Aubrey's though?" When she said that I almost choked on my drink. I forgot about Marlon. I slept with him a few days before Aubrey and used no protection. What was wrong with me? "'Tober, Talk. Now.

"It could be Marlon's too." I slammed the cup down on the counter, thanking God it was plastic.

"October how could you be so reckless?" She yelled.

"I don't know." I sighed. "It's not for sure yet, okay? We don't know if I'm pregnant yet." When I said that I felt my stomach flip and my eyes tear up. "I don't know what to do."

"Calm down, we don't know yet." She walked over and embraced me. I felt tears leaving my eyes. 

"I don't wanna look at the test." I cried. 

"We can wait if you want." She patted my back. 

"That'll make it worst." I sobbed. "Let's get it over with." She let go of me and I wiped my eyes. She lead me to the bathroom, the walk seemed faster than normal. Hayley waited at the doorway as I walked in. I slowly approached the test and picked it up.

When I read it my stomach dropped. I quickly threw the test on the ground and cried harder. Hayley picked up the test and read it herself. She set it on the counter and hugged me.

"It's not fair." I yelled. 

"What's not fair hun?" She ran her fingers through my hair.

"I'm pregnant and I have no idea who the dad is. I don't even want a kid." I said.

"Don't say that 'tober, it's gonna be fine. We just gotta tell them." She hugged me tighter. 

"I can't tell them that they may not be the father, they'd both kill me." I sighed. "Why am I so fucking reckless."

"It's alright, we all make mistakes sometimes." She tried to say.

"Not ones this big." I mumbled.

Not only was I stuck in the confusion, two other people were. All the paths lead to this getting out of hand. Something told me, my recklessness was gonna blow up in my face. 

**

Feedback on this chapter

Comment and Vote

~Keyanna