Chapter 3

RICO

It was the night of the ceremony. I had already gotten the award for my firm and now everyone was just mingling. Not me though, I had eyed Sienna from across the room and she was gorgeous.  She was talking to a few people so I didn't want to interrupt her. I pulled my phone out texting her. "You look so good right now"

I watched as her face lit up. I continued to send her flirty messages until someone grabbed my shoulder. I turned around to see Malcolm. "Hey congratulations on the award man. I guess the better firm won." He was such an asshole.  "Yea." I gave a fake smile. "So how did that dinner thing go?" He asked. "It went amazing actually." I said smiling remembering the activities of that night. "Well is she here? I swear I never seen you smile like this."

At this point he was being nosy and I wanted so much to rub Sienna in his face but she wasn't ready. "Nah, actually she had business. " I lied. "Damn." He said just as shocked as he would have been if he'd seen a ghost. I met his gaze and followed it directly to Sienna across the room. "When the hell did Sienna start looking this good?" He mumbled but I heard  clearly what he had said.

A part of me was flattered that she was causing all this attention to herself,  but the other half of me wanted to punch Malcolm dead in his face for ogling her like a piece of meat. "Hey man, how's your fiancee?" He looked at me like I had two heads. "How do you know about Cameron?" He asked. I hadn't really had a conversation about life with Malcolm and technically Sienna and I didn't exist, so in Malcolm's world me knowing this information would be suspect.

"Didn't you mention her, the night we bumped into each other at Walmart?" He thought about it for a bit, "I may have, I'm not sure." "Baby, the Mayor was flirting with me." I heard Cameron's voice behind Malcolm. "He would be a fool not to, look at you." She smiled so big. "Cam, this is a old friend of mine, Rico." "Congratulations on your award, I can't believe you beat out my man." She said.  I reached out to shake her hand as if we didn't know each other. "Nice to meet you Ricky." She said. "Its Rico." She was being an asshole, but it was all good. "Its Rico." She gave a fake smile. I looked at my phone to see a message from Sienna. "Well it was nice meeting you, and nice talking to you again Malcolm." I said. It was getting late anyway so I made my way out the building.

I made my way to my car, I couldn't wait to get home. I hopped in my car, "what took you so long?" Sienna was in the passenger seat. I smiled, "Your ex talks too much. " I said leaning over and kissing her. It got hot and heavy really fast and before I knew it she was straddling my lap. "We doing this right now?" I mean I didn't care, but I just wanted to make sure. "Yea. Right here." She answered.

*******

SIENNA

"This is Vonnie, she's the artist. Vonnie, Mr.Sanders is interested in purchasing some of your work." I walked away after my introduction scanning the room. Everything was going great so far, servers were doing their jobs, and the artist were doing what they should have been doing. Malcolm had entered the building along with his fiance on his arm. I still don't know why I invited him. Giselle was off in the corner with Keri, I was waiting for Rico. I missed him, and hadn't seen him in about 3 days. 

All this sneaking around was such a turn on for me I just couldn't wait to see him. I continued to walk around the building sipping wine making sure everything was going as planned. Later we would have about 30 minutes of purchasing time for anyone who wanted to buy more then one item. If they wanted to meet the artist before hand they could. 

"So where can I find anything that you painted?" I heard in my ear, and I swear I almost melted. I turned around staring Rico in his face. "I can arrange that." I said seductively.  "My office is down the hall last door on the left." I walked away. About 3 minutes later I was pinned to the wall of my office. "Where you been all week?" I asked out of breath as he attacked me with kisses.  "New case, you missed me?" "Yea, I did." "You should have called." I pushed him onto the couch that we were already about to trip over.