[Grace] September 29th, 2014

September 29th, 2014

From Grace, To Skylan

I swear no one could ever take your place. No one could ever be as great of a friend as you were. Yet somehow, it feels like Tom is filling the void.

The empty place in my heart that only belonged to you; my childhood best friend.

And Tom's doing a pretty great job, too. It's Monday, and I can finally say that someone has successfully made me smile. I even giggled.

Tom makes me so happy. I can't explain it.

Sometimes it feels like he never broke my heart. I think we've left the past behind us. And I couldn't be happier.

But you've been gone for more than a week now. I still held onto the hope that you would come back. That you would realize where you belonged; with us.

But you havn't even tried contacting us. No phone calls. No letters. Nothing.

For all I know, you could be dead.

Honestly, it feels like you are. Because something deep inside me keeps telling me that you'll never come back. And the only thing I can do is move on.

At least now Tom's here to help me do that. Tonight, we're going out. I guess you could call it a date. But we're still stuck in the friend zone.

Frankly, I don't want new friends. I want you. I want you to come back, begging for forgiveness. I want you to come back, admitting your mistakes.

But since  that won't be happening anytime soon, I think I've allowed myself to fall in love.

If you were still here, we'd have a sleepover and watch chick flicks while I'd blabber on and on about how romantic Tom is.

But you're not here. And I need someone to tell this to. I need to talk to someone.

I know you hate Tom. I had my mind set on hating him too. But he's changed. A lot. And there's this new side to him. I love it. I love him.

I love it when he puts my hand in his and squeezes it reassuringly. I love it when he whispers It'll be okay in my ear, and it makes me shiver. I love his raspy voice when he calls my name. I love his smile and the way his eyes sparkle to reflect it. Basically, I love everything about Tom.

It's okay to love him, Skylan.

And I wish you understood that.

I can't believe you didn't tell me.

But everything is so clear now. Crystal clear.

You loved him. And he loved you. But for some reason, it didn't work out.

Tom told me. But apparently I don't even know half the story. That's why he's taking me out tonight. To tell me everything.

I'm tired of your secrets, Sky. It's about time I know what really happened. And now that you're gone, there's no one here to stop me.