part 7

okay so thankyou so much for all the reads. here is the next bit.. i hope you like it

yours xx

It was a week before we reached California. It had been the funniest seven days of my life, and I had learned that parker absolutely hated my guts. I felt a little bad trying to annoy the hell out of him but the rest of the crew seemed like really good guys. We spent a lot of the week up on the deck, basking in the sunshine and we soon discovered that they knew about vampires. So it was safe for Nessie to be out in the sun, even though she didn’t sparkle manically, she did glow a little. One morning I got out the shower and began rummaging around for my toothbrush.

“ness, where’ve you tided my toothbrush away to?” I shouted out of the bathroom.

“in the cabinet above the sink,” she shouted back. I opened it and found my toothbrush. I was trying to find toothpaste amongst the Tylenol and mouthwash when I noticed something. Something that probably belonged to Alice. I grinned and pulled it out of the cupboard. Wrapping a towel around my waist I left the bathroom brushing my teeth.

“hey ness, look what I found.” I held up the bottle of peroxide hair dye.

“so?” she was making the bed. She was already dressed in a white camisole and dark blue hotpants. She had placed a pair of strappy red wedges by the foot of the bed and I could see she was wearing a blue bikini under the thin camisole. The halterneck was tied at the nape of her neck in a small bow.

“so… I have an idea!” I went back into the bathroom to spit. I rinsed off my toothbrush and stuck it back in the glass in the cabinet.

“oh Jacob, please don’t tell me you’re going to die your hair proxy blonde. I don’t think that look would suit you with the black eyebrows and dark skin.”

“No, no, I’m not completely stupid ness,”

“Yeah, but your not really the brightest bulb in the box either, no offence,”

“none taken, anyway, I’m not dying my hair bleach blonde, I’m dying someone else’s!” I grinned madly.

“don’t even think about it,” she said seriously, clutching at the ends of her hair which hung all the way down her back.

“ness, if you would just let me finish, I would explain.”

“go on,” she said, fluffing the pillows.

“well, I was thinking, I could maybe sneak into parkers room tonight and,”

“no,”

I ignored her, “and put a bit in his hair gel, then when he gels his hair tomorrow…”

“no,”

“why not?” Nessie stopped fluffing pillows and came to stand in front of me.

“because its mean,” she sounded like an eight year old, then I remembered that she was one.

“that’s kinda the point ness, I wasn’t going to do it to be nice, its just a harmless little prank, I’ll bet her keeps like one hundred different hair dyes in that room of his, he’ll probably dye it back before we even get a chance to see it.”

“jake-,”

“aw Nessie! It’ll be so funny,” I ruffled her hair.

“I guess I don’t really have a choice do I?” she sighed and I kissed her hair.

“this is going to be the funniest thing!” I laughed and crashed backwards onto her freshly made bed.

“Jake! I just made that!” she swatted at my feet and then fell down next to me.