part 4

COTS, NAMES, ANT OTHER CRAP LIKE THAT.

“so when exactly were you planning on telling me this?” Nessie and me were in the Cullen’s living room talking names etc. I thought it was way to early for any of that. Esme was writing a list as Rosalie stalked in followed by Emmett, his t-shirt was all ripped up and his jeans had patches of blood on them, Rosalie was pristine. They had obviously been hunting. Great, not only did rose already hate me. But she also begrudged anyone who could have kids.

“er… when you got back? Is that such a crime?” I sensed a repeat of Edward’s reaction, only multiplied by ten.

“Renesmee! I’m so happy for you!” she chimed and she glared at me. “and as for you,” she looked me up and down in disgust.

“Barbie, how can you be happy for Nessie and mad at me? You don’t make sense!” Emmett shrugged at me from behind her.

“how about grace?” Esme said.

“I dunno,”

Emmett raised one eyebrow. “That’s real boring. Thornton?”

“Maybe…” I said. The afternoon past much in the same fashion.

                                            ***

“you’re a little old for that book aren’t you kids?” Billy Said. me and Nessie were sitting at the kitchen table reading Dr. Seuss, the cat in the hat.

“Dad, you know it’s for the baby,”

“Yeah, well, how d’you know it can even hear you-“

“Billy, unborn babies like to hear the sounds of their patents voices.” Billy grunted something incoherent and wheeled out of the room. Nessie dropped the book onto her ever growing bump. - what was he now? Seventeen week in? - It slid onto the floor. She rubbed her temples with her fingers.

“hey, what's the matter?”

“I don’t… I don’t know. I think I’m just hormonal.” She didn’t sound sure and I arched an eyebrow at her.

“Okay! Fine! I think I’m getting cravings, but it might be… it might be food. But because the only food I’ve ever eaten was formula once when I was little. I don’t know what it is.”

“Right,” a tear splashed onto the front of her ballooned sweater.

“so you think you’d be okay if I took you Carlisle and fed you some food? Nessie, I don’t know if that’s a good idea.”

“I had some once before, when I was little.”

“I know, but are you sure your not just thirsty? You haven’t been hunting for ages.”

“I don’t know…”

“I think it’s time for another trip to see Carlisle.”

“Mmmm,”

                                                            ***

“Yes, I think she should start by going on a hunt,” Carlisle agreed.  “Emmett!” Emmett poked his big curly head round the door.

“Uh-huh?”

“take Nessie out on a hunt, let her go for whatever smells most appealing to her,”

“on it, come on ness,” he shot out of the door and Nessie followed somewhat more slowly, maybe the  baby was slowing her down.

“Go easy on her!” I shouted, knowing Emmett would hear, even though he was probably a mile away by now. I knew they’d be gone for ages so I sat down on the floor, leaning against the wall. Sadly, Alice was back from her mini-break.