64 // The Bu

Lexi's POV

"Psst... Hey.. Lex, we're here." Robert's soft whispers bring me out of my light slumber. I groan and raise my head from his shoulder. I let out a yawn and slowly blink as I reach for the door, getting out of the car. 

I take a look around and my eyes land on a building just as big as the white house.

"Uhh, Robert?" I ask not taking my eyes away from the place.

"Yes?" He answers sweetly as he joins my side with our luggage. 

"I thought we were going to your house?"

"This is my house."

"You got to be fucking kidding me." I respond with my mouth dropped slightly. Robert chuckles as he shakes his head carrying our stuff towards the house.

This can't be real. Why would he ever need a house so big? I'm going to pass out.

"You coming?" He yells as he unlocks the front door heading inside. I snap out of my thoughts and start walking towards the house and yell once I know he's in ear shot.

"Are you a bank robber?" 

"What?" Robert laughs shutting the door behind me.

"Did you rob banks? Mafia? Drug lord? Con Artist? Is being a lawyer just a coverup?" I start rambling illegal jobs that he could be apart of.

"Huh?" He walks over to me, wrapping an arm around my waist as the other checks the temp on my forehead. "Are you feeling okay?"

"How much money do you actually make?" I spit out, with no hesitation.

"That's a little rude to ask isn't it?" Robert raises a brow, with a smirk on his face so I know he wasn't actually offended.

"I get that you own your own firm and such, but your financial situation is out of control." 

He kisses my forehead and pushes away from me "Come I'll show you the bedroom." He winks taking our things upstairs. I watch as he walks into the master bedroom.

"Nope." I stand in the doorway crossing my arms.

"Nope?" Robert turns around confused.

"I'm not sleeping in the same bed."

"Really? Why not?"

Why not? Did he just completely forget making out with his wife...soon-to-be ex-wife...and the events that followed? I need time. That's reasonable right? I mean I have been telling Natalie, he and I were taking things so, so maybe actually taking things so wouldn't be such a bad idea.

"I wanna take things so."

"It's just sleeping Lex." 

"It's never just sleeping with you." 

"Fine. There's a guest room right down the hall."

I walk over to my bags and grab them, quickly moving as Robert tries to take them from me. 

"I got it. I'm a big girl."

He puts his hands in the air surrendering. "Yes, ma'am. We're leaving in soon. So, unpack, whatever. Meet you downstairs in thirty?" 

"Got it." I turn on my heel and walk to my right only to hear Robert correct me by yelling "Other-way." I change course and pass by his room seeing him laughing at me. I roll my eyes and eventually find the room.

It's cute. Decorated nicely. I wonder if he decorated the house or maybe hired someone to do it for him... or maybe Susan did it. Oh god I'm in their family home that explains the space and the feminine touch. I might actually pass out now. I feel dirty, though I'm doing nothing wrong, right? I'm over thinking, stop overthinking. Now I'm thinking about not overthinking, making me think more. A MESS.

I huff and collapse on the bed. I close my eyes and a few seconds later I hear that familiar voice that always manages to make me weak at the knees.

"You were supposed to be unpacking not taking another nap." He lets out with a chuckle. I open my eyes, sitting up.

"Hush, it was only for a few seconds." I groggily say as I stand trying to wake up.

"A few seconds? It's been an hour, I gave you an extra thirty, but now we really have to go." Robert start walking towards me taking my hand, pulling me with him as he exits the room.

"An hour? What? You're joking." I continue holding his hand following his lead down the stairs.

"No, I was yelling your name then when I went to check as to why you weren't answering, you were passed out. I know it's been a long day and it's only just started so I wanted to give you a little longer to sleep."

"Well, aren't you sweet." 

We make our way into the garage where I see a few of the other cars he must have been referring to when he mentioned it a while back. I shake my head in disbelief. I get that he's good at what he does, but COME ON!

Robert opens the passenger to a G-Wagon, for me to climb into.

"I'm going to lose my shit. If you show me one more expensive item that you own."

He just and looks down at his watch. The lifts his arm to show me it.

"I have a Rolex." Robert says followed by a child like giggle. I roll my eyes at him and get into the car. Once he gets in the car, we start off.

"Now listen when we get there. Don't freak out, we're professionals right?"

I furrow my brows and turn to Robert who's eyes are focused on the road.

"Why would I freak out?"

"Just bring your 'A' game yeah?"

I nod my head and sit back. Who the hell his his client?