70 // Stay Close

Lexi's POV

As all good things come to an end, our mini vacation did exactly that. I'm sitting on a flight back home with a grumpy Robert next to me. Why is he grumpy? Well, let me take you back to Saturday night.

Saturday Night

"Oh my, there's so many people." I stare in awe at Jamie's house, which had people pouring out of it.

"You wanted a Hollywood party, you still wanna go?" Robert reaches for my hand pulling my attention away from the people. I look at him and give his hand a light squeeze.

"Yeah, just stay close. Ok?"

"Yes ma'am." I lean over and give him a quick peck and put a smile on trying to shake my nervousness before getting out of the car.

Robert walks in first, squeezing past the people, as I follow behind keeping a tight grip on his hand.

We walk out to the pool area and stop by the bar. Robert leans down and whispers into my ear.

"Keep the drinking to a minimum okay?" 

I nod in agreement and watch him as he orders me sangria and himself a soda. I look around and see a bunch a familiar faces, and start getting nervous again.

"Hun?" Robert's voice draws me over to him and I take my drink, then kiss his cheek. 

"Thank you."

We head back inside and I notice Jamie making his way over to us so I tell Rob and we meet him the rest of the way.

"I'm so glad you two could make it." Jamie says as he gives me a hug causing me to giggle at the unexpectedness of it. He turns to Robert and grabs his hand, pulling him into a 'bro' hug. "How long have you been here? Why didn't you shoot me a text I would've come found you."

"We haven't been here long, just got some drinks. You have a party to host, didn't want to disturb that." Robert takes a sip of his drink and Jamie raises a brow at the drink and takes it from his hand smelling it.

"Is that straight soda?" 

"Yeah soda, I'm driving." Rob defends his choice and takes the drink back. "Already had a bit to drink at dinner."

Jamie looks over to me, for what looks like confirmation about what Robert is saying.

"A glass of wine." I inform him.

"Thats it? Come on! Where's throbbin Rob, the party animal?" 

My mouth drops and look at him, I thought the name was a joke when he said it to me the other night. Never did I imagine people actually calling him that.

"He got it together."  Robert responds

"Where's the fun in that? Lex, please talk some sense into your boyfriend. Tell him to loosen up."

"I'm not going to force you babe, but one drink wouldn't hurt." I rub his chest looking up at him. I don't want to force him to do anything he doesn't want to do, but I also want him to have fun.

"I'm fine." 

"Fine, but you're drinking at least want another?" Jamie looks at me and refers to my empty glass, honestly I didn't even notice I drank it all while listening to them talk.

"Please." I smile and tell him what I was having. He walk away saying he'll be right back.

"What happened to keeping the drinking to a minimum?" Robert asks me using his stern voice.