Chapter 1 (Terra)

ill be going back and forth between two people. Terra on earth and James on the ASI (American Space Institution) :) prob one chapter Terra then the next James. Or maybe both in one. i havent decided yet.

I ran through the woods chasing a small deer getting ready to throw my spear at it when another spear flew through the air and hit the deer in the head. I ran into the clearing to see who decided to take my deer. I saw someone from a different tribe and instantly pointed my spear at them. "what do you think your doing on my tribes land!?" i yelled. The man stopped and turning around. I knew i had made a mistake when i saw what tribe he was from. The fire tribe,the most primitive and violent of all the tribes. But i couldnt back down now. "This isnt your tribe land!" i said to the man. "Fire tribe hunts where fire tribe wants!" he yelled back. " Fire tribe hunts in fire tribes own land!" I yelled back. He looked furious and i was starting to regret confronting him. He started walking forward and i backed up but hit a tree. He pulled out his knife "You must be punished" he said moving the knife closer to my arm "What?!" i exclaimed "No! leave me!" I yelled trying to make sure he could understand. I tried to run but he caught me and held me down with one arm. He was alot stronger than i was. He dug his knife into my arm and carved an X on my wrist. I struggled to get away and knocked the knife from his hand. He leaned over to retrieve his knife, loosening his grip. I pushed up and he fell over. I got up and ran towards my camp, with him following. He was too stupid to realize i was leading him right to my camp full of more people. I kept running till i got to the entrance. I looked behind me too see if he was still following and ended up running into one of the guards. I felt a knife go to my throat and i put my hands up "woah woah its me Terra!" i said quickly. The guard realeased me. "Does your father know your out here?" the guard asked. i rolled my eyes. Im allowed out of camp" i said. Then i heard footsteps behind me and spun around seeing the man running up. The guard looked at me annoydly " can you not stay out of trouble for five minutes?" He asked sighing " it wasnt my fault! i said in my defense " he was-" i started but the guard cut me off "Just go inside we will deal with him." i sighed and walked inside. Heading towards my hut i shared with my father. I went inside and my father instantly ran up to me "where were you? where did you go?" he asked grabbing my arms and inspecting me " i just went hunting" i said. he was about to reply when he saw the X the man cut into my wrist "What the hell happened!?" he almost yelled. I looked at the ground " i uh had a little run in with a fire tribe man." i said. "What the hell were you doing over there!" he asked looking furious. " i wasnt! he was hunting in our land! when i confronted him about it though this happened." i said gesturing to my wrist. " He was hunting on our land?" he asked thinking. "yup. He stole my hunt" i said frowning. "what was it?" he asked " a deer" i said. he looked at me surprised " you found a deer?" he asked. I nodded. "we havent had anything that big in months" he said thoughtfully. " i found a small herd of them" i said. His head jerked up "what? How?" He questioned. " I tracked them." i said looking at the ground. "im gonna put you on some hunting teams" he said. I looked up surprised but happy. I hugged him "Thanks dad!" i said. I heard some yelling and my dad and i ran outside to the front gate. I saw the fire tribe man and one of the guards fighting. I ran forward and shoved the fire tribe man off of the guard just as he was about to stab the guards head. The fire tribe man got up and ran at me trying to stab me. I ducked and one of the guards took him down. I leaned towards him "Fire tribe man go home. Now" I said and the guard let him get up. He looked at me " You be punished soon." And walked away. "Follow him. Make sure he leaves our land" My dad said to one of the guards. My dad walked over to me "Lets get you to the healer for your wrist." He said and we started walking to the healers Hut.