Prologue

"Will you marry me?"

My eyes widen, I stare blankly amazed at this random question. I sit in my chair with my mouth shaped as a 'O' for who knows how long just looking at him down on one knee with a shining diamond ring in a red velvety case.

"Sky?" Spencer says with a hurt look on his face. I close my mouth and look around. Everyone in the restaurant is starring at us. Most of them are shaking their heads disapprovingly. Spencer obviously doesn't care, he continued to stare at me. I looked back towards his hurt face.

"Just," I pause to catch my breath. "give me a minute." He nods looking curious. I quickly get up and run to the bathroom.

I rush to the sink and lean up against it. I could feel tears welling up in my eyes. But I blink them away. I look up into the shiny mirror. My eighteen year old face is flushed red. My light brown hair falls over my shoulders in perfect curls. My forest green eyes were deep in thought. I'm only eighteen, I can't get married! I'm way to young. It would ruin everything. I'm leaving for Harvard tomorrow morning. When I won that full scholarship for it I was the happiest girl in the world... getting married would ruin everything. But I love him... so much, maybe I should rethink the whole Harvard thing... no stop with your insane thinking Skyler, you are going to Harvard! I sigh and look down at my manicured nails, I got them done just for this date... the last one Spencer and I will ever have. I can feel a tear falling down my cheek. I quickly wipe it away as a plastic looking girl walks in  with straight bleach blond hair and pouted lips are hot pink, shes wearing a tight, short, black dress and her hot pink pumps make me mad for some odd reason. I wouldn't be surprised if her name was Barbie. She looks towards me, she stares at me is disgust. I bite my lip and look back at the ground, when she goes into one of the stalls I quickly walk out back into the restaurant still pondering about what I'm going to say.

I take a deep breathe as I step back into Cravings my favorite restaurant in the world... well at least in Calgary. I have barley been out of Canada, but tomorrow that will change. I can see Spencer slouched down in his chair. I stand up straight and walk towards him with confidence. I can see him look over at me his eyes widen. He looks surprised and quickly stand up and runs towards my chair. He pulls it out for me and I sit down. I look up at him, his light brown hair is ruffled perfectly, and his blue eyes have a serious look in them.

We sit there for who knows how long until he breaks the silence.

"Why is this awkward all of a sudden?" He asks in a worried tone. I open my mouth to answer but then quickly shut it. I stare down at my supper suddenly not feeling hungry.

"I don't want this to be awkward." I finally mutter in a quiet voice.

"Me neither." He reaches over and grabs my hands from across the table, I gladly let him take them. I look up from my food and see his beautiful sky blue eyes full of love and compassion. I lightly rub my thumb against his soft hand that fit perfectly into mine. Suddenly I can feel myself being pulled closer into the table. I slowly leave my seat and move closer and closer to Spencer and close my eyes. Suddenly something glazes my lips softly and then I'm pulled into a full kiss. I smile and kiss him back, I can feel eyes on us but I don't care.. when I'm with him, he and I are the only people in the world.

We pull up beside my house, I smile at Spencer as I see him quickly hop out of his small black Chevrolet Cobalt and run to the passenger side. I slowly climb out, not wanting him to leave. When I finally get out, he grabs my hand and starts to walk towards my front door. but I quickly pull him back and put my arms around his waist and give him a little peck.

"Don't leave." I beg. His smile is tilted to one side. He slowly starts to bend down towards me, but I quickly push up onto my toes. I can feel his hands leave his side and come up to either side of my face. And there we stand in the middle of the street making-out for the longest time in the dark street with nothing but the lamppost as light. But I didn't care I could do this forever if I could.