What Happens In Mexico

The palm trees, sand and water flies by my window of the bus that picked up Spencer and I at the airport. The morning was better then I thought. I didn't even groan when my alarm went off, I was so excited I was actually early for once. But now sitting on the bus on my way to a five star resort in Cancun my eyelids feel heavy. I look over at Spencer who is leaning forward to look out the window.

"It's beautiful here." He looks into my eyes and smiles.

"Yeah it is." I rest my head on my chair. Spencer gazes out the window, his eye sparkle. "Have you ever been to Mexico."

He shakes his head. "I have been to Canada and the States." He laughs.

"I'm happy you came." Everything suddenly becomes serious.

"Me too." I give him a small smile and then a loud beep followed by an announcement.

"We are soon arriving at the resort; Gran Caribe Real," A female voice with a mexican accent echoes through the bus. "Enjoy your stay." The bus slows to a stop and people begin to stand up and shuffle around the small space.

"This is us." I stand up. Spencer moves out into the aisle and reaches above the seats to grab our carry-on bags.

"I got it." He nods to towards my bag as he inches towards the door, I follow close behind him and soon we walk out into the nice, hot, humid air. I look at the building in front of me. Large ivory pillars stand in front of large automatic double doors. Flowers, and palm trees are planted in front of the building and when we walk in, air conditioning hits us like a wall. The lobby has a paradise theme with exotic plants everywhere along with a large fountain in the middle. I look to my left and see the long golden check-in desk. I walk up to a tall, skinny man behind the counter wearing a white uniform.

"Hello miss." He looks up from the computer in-front of him. " What can I do for you."

"Yeah, I'm here to check in. Valentine. I'm with the wedding, Caroline and Jonathon." He keeps smiling when he looks down at his computer again.

"Oh yes, Valentine room for two." He ducks out of sight for a moment behind the desk but quickly pops back up with two room keys in his hand.

"Thanks." I smile and turn to Spencer who stands behind me. I hand him his key and we walk towards the nearby glass elevators. As we move up we are able to see palm trees surrounding many blue pools. Hot tubs, kiddie pools, lap pools, a water park. Everything. Above that you are able to see golden sand and the endless blue ocean.

I open the door to the room and stop dead in my tracks, blocking Spencer from getting in.

"Move," He shouts "your bags are heavy."

"I think Caroline forgot to change my room." I step to the side so Spencer can see. We stand there for a moment in an awkward silence starring at the one bed in the middle of the room.

"Well, it wouldn't be the first time we slept in the same bed." He laughes. I hit him with my purse and start to laugh.

I walk over to the balcony door and slid it open. On the balcony there is two lounge chairs and a small table looking down at one of the swimming pools and out towards the ocean. I hear the door slide open again and Spencer walks through.

"This should be fun." I smile at him.

"I agree." We both lean against the railing for a while just listening to the waves. "Let's go exploring." Spencer chirps and he walks back into the room motioning me to follow him.

Before I know it we are in our bathing suits heading down to the pools. We walk along the first pool we see. A lazy river, we watch people float by on small blue tubes for a while until Spencer notices a swim up bar just up the river.