Pushing The Soul

Pyrrha "Y/N, how old are you?"

Y/N "I'm seventeen, Just like you and the other first year, well except Ruby of course"

Pyrrha "how long have you been seventeen?"

Y/N "that's a weird question to ask don't you thin-(he turned around and saw Pyrrha holding the picture he and his parents took two years ago) oh shit"

--------------------------------

Y/N "umm... it's not what you think?"

Pyrrha "I hardly doubt that"

Y/N "OK yeah that was a lie, I have no idea what do you think"

Pyrrha "I think that you are a liar"

Y/N "then it's exactly what you think"

Pyrrha "how could you do this to us Y/N!! I thought that we are friends"

Y/N "we are friends, that's the reason I lied to you"

Pyrrha just looked at him

Y/N "OK that was a lie as well (but then his face changed, one second they were panicked and scared, the second his eyes turned to iron, and he had a determined look on his face) secrets have a reason, my secrets, my family secrets, you think that I wanted to lie to you?"

Pyrrha" I don't know! Maybe you do! "

Y/N" I'm burning Pyrrha, I'm burning from the inside, but the truth is a dangerous thing "

Pyrrha" was it all a lie? About your village and your friends? "

Y/N (face falling)" no it wasn't a lie, ten years ago a village was destroyed, Sam died, Corbie left us for the bandits and I have never seen Jackdaw again "

Pyrrha" I will ask you one more time Y/N, how old are you? "

Y/N (looking her dead in the eyes)" Physically or mentally?"

That seems to throw Pyrrha off

Pyrrha" umm physically? "

Y/N" Physically I'm seventeen "

Pyrrha (confused and afraid)" and mentally? "

Y/N (scratching his chin)" that's depends on how you look at it "

Pyrrha" what is that suppose to mean "

Y/N" well I'm seventeen mentally"

Pyrrha "you don't act like you're seventeen"

Y/N "I get that a lot, try asking your first question differently, maybe you will get a different answer "

Pyrrha (thinking for a long time)" how long have you been alive? "

Y/N (eyes sparkling)" now that's the real question, isn't it? "

--------------------------------

Later That night, Pyrrha and Jaune are sparring at their spot on the roof. Pyrrha was still thinking about what Y/N told her,

Pyrrha 'he can't be that old, can he?'

Jaune appears to gain the upper hand, and he managed to sweep her legs out from under her.

Jaune helps Pyrrha to her feet.

Jaune "is everything OK Pyrrha? You seem to be lost in thoughts "

Pyrrha (laughing nervously) "yeah it's just something me and Y/N talked about, anyway, Well done! Your swordplay's improved immensely"

Jaune "I couldn't have done it without you"