"All In My Head..."

Lela woke up to aggressive kisses from her dog Hazel. Koffi laid sound asleep with his arms secured around Lela.

"Hazel down!" Lela whispered. Hazel jumped off the bed and walked towards the living room. Lela looked over at Koffi and tried to ease out of his grip slowly, while trying to squeeze with all she has to not pee herself. She scooted to the edge, her thigh peeking from underneath the covers. With Koffi's arm secured over her stomach, he pulled her close to him. Lela made another attempt to free herself; with her bladder feeling as if it were ready to explode, she tried to remain in control. She moved back over to the edge. With a quickness Koffi pulled her right back to him, locking his grip. Lela sucked her teeth.

"Babe!" She slapped his arm.

"What's sup baby?" He answered groggy.

"I gotta pee and you holdin' me up. I'm about to piss myself."

Koffi ran his hand down his face. He looked at Lela and smiled. It wasn't returned. "What's wrong?" He asked.

"Nigga I gotta PEE!" Koffi had never removed his grip for her to get up.

"My bad boo." Koffi lifted his arm and Lela bolted out of the bed to the bathroom. There was definitely drip. His cell phone rang from the dresser. Koffi reached over to see it was. Uncle Ricky making another attempt too reach him for the third time this week. He knew what he was calling for and that was the very reason he didn't answer.

Koffi rested on his back and stared at the ceiling, feeling very unenthused about the day ahead of him. It was 8:27am and he needed to be to work by 11am. He had at least four clients' hair to cut today. If they all called and cancelled he wouldn't even be the least bit upset. His mind was being bombarded daily with thoughts that didn't serve him and he feared, would soon cripple him. As the days pass it's getting harder for him to sleep or even concentrate. It's been that way for quite some time. Lela thinks that he keeps her around because he's worried about her, but it's also because her presence saves him from his own thoughts. When Lela is around, the memories that haunt him are easier to keep at bay.

Koffi sat up in bed and turned the T.V on. Flipping through channels and landed on the ending of a story about Treshawn Doogles. Slick's nephew who played for the RAMS.

"Treshawn truly has surprised us all with his speed and endurance. I mean the kid sat on the bench for two years and here he is outdoing the vets on his team. If he keeps this up, come contract time he will definitely be the one to go after."

"You damn right he is! Shouldn't have taken yall so long to realize that shit either." Koffi yelled at the broadcaster. The story soon changed.

"Coming up this morning, video of a woman yelling she's pregnant after a scuffle with police. Moments after that woman was fatally shot. Stephan Sudoku is live from the Torrance Police department.

"Thanks Jeff. At about 10:30 pm last night 28 year old, Lashandria Evers was seen walking through her apartment complex when Officers, who were familiar with Ms. Evers, seen her. She was approached because she was known to have previous warrants. When officers approached her, things at some point took a turn for the worst.

According to police reports, Ms. Evers refused to provide identification and had an exchange of words with Police. In the video, that has now gone viral, Ms. Evers can be heard yelling that she is pregnant during a tussle with one of the officers ,shortly after, she pushed the officer off of her which is when he drew his weapon and opened fire, shooting her five times. Lashandria died at the scene and her 7 month unborn child didn't survive. The Officer whose identity has not been released, has been placed on paid leave until further investigations into the matter..."