Lullabies| Chapter 7

Alex's pov:

I woke up to my head being on Jacks chest and his arm wrapped around my shoulders.

Last night was extremely weird for me. Jack was upset and it just confuses me. What happened? He said he need to talk to his dad. I didn't realize he lost a parent.

I let a out sigh and moved a little to where I could see his face better. How the hell did we end up like this? Oh we ended up watching Home Alone.

I almost didn't want to get up. I felt completely comportable, I wouldn't admit that I did, but it really did feel nice to have someone here. And how it ended up to Jack? I'm not even sure.

He started to mumble in his sleep, he mouth was slightly open and he had light snores coming out.

After deciding to not watch him sleep like a creep, I got up and went to take a shower. While noticing small butterflies turning in my stomach.
_______________
Jack's pov****
_______________

I wake up cuddling a blanket. Alex wasn't in bed, we fell asleep together. Well Alex fell asleep ON me so I could move but I liked it.

I decided to get up and check the kitchen but I found his mom instead.

"Hey, where is Lex?" I question and take a glance around.

She looked at me with a confused expression. Eye brows raised, jaw slightly open and eyes wide. Did I say something wrong?

"Did you just say Lex?" She asked softly.

"Um yes ma'am?"

"Oh. Wow he really must be over Tom." Alex's dad walks in and comments.

Who's Tom?

"I'm proud of him." His mom smiled at herself. Her husband walked over and squeezed her shoulders.

"Wait I'm confused-"

"Oh there you are Jack. Wondering where you went." Alex walked in sweat pants and a random shirt.

"Um yeah I was looking for you too."

"Oh I was in the shower. We can watch another movie or something if you want." Alex suggested but I was kind of nervous at the momment. What his parents said where saying nipped at me.

Tom. Was me saying lex the reason he hated me?

"I think I'm gonna go home now. May is probably worried about me." I go back to Alex's room to grab my phone which Alex followed.

"Well your welcome anytime. Do you want me to walk you there?" Alex offered.

"Um. No it's fine. May is most likey gonna be pissed at me so I don't really want you to witness that." May isn't the best person to tip over and she's most likey not gonna take to me.

I was kind of anxious again but about Alex, why was saying 'Lex' such a big deal? I mean I should have guessed it was a big deal because he told me to stop calling him by that name but no my dumbass didn't listen! No wonder he hates me. Is Tom his bestfriend or something that died? That would explain the song I guess.

Did I fuck things up on my own? Again?

My anger ended up shooting to my legs and I began to run home.

"Mom? May? I'm home!" I shout as I open the door.

No one replied, yup their pissed at me.

"Look I'm sorry! Yesterday was just a bad day for me! Please talk to me!" I shout, once more.

Great! Let's keep count of how many things Jack can fuck up.

I just go to my room and slam the door close. I need to shut my mind off big time.

I start drifting awhile from reality. Small quotes or phrases stand out to me more. Well they just pop into my head or some shit.

My imagination leads me to my dream of becoming someone important, someone who can actully make a difference. I wanna be in a band, I know almost every highschool kid does. But I like closing my eyes sometimes and think what's it's like...

"Jack?" May's voice popped into my head.

I turned around and seen May standing there in her pj's.

"Um hey. Look I'm sorry about yesterday. I was just over thinking stuff, and still over thinking and I don't think I ever over think this much."

"Since when do you overthink Jack? You're go with the flow?" She asked me with a frown.

"Well maybe I actully have brain." I rolled my eyes at her. "Wish you understood what's it like to be me."

"Is something going on Jack?" May asks once again.

"No nope. Everything is fine." I'm just gonna have to go back to being brainless I guess. It's how everyone sees me anyway.