Closure

"Hello?" Hayden questioned.

Alright, you son of a bitch, why are you texting me? was what Blue wanted to say. Instead, they froze, unable to speak as they heard the soothing voice they hadn't heard in four years. The voice that asked them to marry him the day before he left without a trace. He broke their heart, and they didn't know what propelled them to call him in the first place. Maybe a part of them still loved him, but they knew it wasn't true. They were in love with Andrew, and they would rather die than fall in love with anyone other than him.

Maybe closure. Once they knew why he left them, Blue could move on from that part of the past and quit the comparisons between what Hayden did and what someone else did. That answer felt right. They needed to hear his reasoning, because they had to know, even if it killed them.

"Hi," they managed to choke out.

"Blue," Hayden hummed. "I can't believe I finally found you. I never thought I would find your number after you changed it. I thought you were never going to want to see me again- Well, now I'm just putting ideas into your head," he chuckled. It still sounded as heavenly as it did before.

"Thoughts that have been in there before," they stated. "Why are you texting me? You left, it ended. That's it."

"I didn't want it to. I asked you to marry me, remember?" he said. "It's not like I could suddenly forget everything we'd been through and everything we were going to go through. I love you."

"I stopped," Blue stated.

"I can make you love me again," Hayden said. "I promise. I'm sorry...for everything."

"So am I, but I'm glad you left. I moved on. I'm done. Goodbye, Hayden," they stated, hanging up in the middle of his pleas.

They exhaled through a smile, pride swelling inside of them. They did it. They were able to say goodbye to him, tell him it was over. Even if they never knew why he left, they were happy to be the one to have the actual final word. 

Blue thought that was the end of it, but Hayden sent another text. Meet me at Hannigan's tomorrow. I need to talk to you, and you need to talk to me. Hanging up can't be it.

Blue: It's done and over.

Hayden: Just meet me so I can explain, and I'll leave if you still want me to. I promise. If you want it to end, it will, but I need to talk to you.

It was closure. It was the only reason Blue agreed to go and planned to meet in the middle of the afternoon. Find the reason for leaving and then ask him to leave them alone. Thank him for showing them love and learn to fight for it and keep it around, because it was a beautiful thing that should not be wasted. Closure, and then leave.

It seemed as though it would be a simple enough task, but when they woke up and walked into the kitchen to find Andrew attempting to cook breakfast, they groaned. Blue and him had to tell Luke that night about their relationship.

"I know you think my cooking is bad-"

"You burn toast," they emphasized. "All you have to do is set the dial to three."

"Three," he mumbled and glanced at the toaster. He nodded. "Good. I wanted to make you something small, so I put waffles in the toaster at three. I don't want for you to be stressed all day," he smiled.

"Right," they gritted as they sat at the counter. "Look, you know I want to be there-"

"Nu-uh," Andrew deadpanned. "You are not canceling. You have to be there with me so we can tell him together."