2

Amanda rushed out of bed and ran into the toilet. She bent over the toilet bowl as she poured out the content of her stomach. It hurt so bad she felt like she was going to throw up her organs. It was just 5am in the morning and everywhere was dark. There was NEPA light but she didn't have the time to turn the switch on.

"Amanda?" She heard her friend call sleepily but Amanda couldn't reply because she was still being sick. Sophie showed up at the door of the bathroom and turned the light on, rubbing her eyes with the back of her hand.

"I told you to be careful with the amount of drinks you were taking yesterday," Sophie said as she went to the sink and turned on the tap. She took a handful of water and splashed it on her friend's face before she finally stopped vomiting."Sorry eh," Sophie said as she helped her friend up.

Amanda nodded as she went over to the sink and washed her face before gargling her mouth with water, slightly erasing the taste of the vomit.

"Sorry jare," Sophie repeated looking at her friend with her hand placed on Amanda's lower back as they both went back into the room.

"My head is pounding. I'm never drinking  again," Amanda said as she sat on the bed and placed both her hands against temple with her elbows rested on her knees. Sophie brought paracetamol and a bottled water and gave it to her friend, all the while smiling mockingly and nodding.

"We've heard that before. This should help with the headache," Sophie said as she handed the tablets and water to her friend who quickly drank it and lay back on the bed. "Sleep some more."

"Yeah.. Thanks," Amanda said as she shifted to her corner of the bed and gave space for her friend who also lay down.

-

It was 7:39am and Amanda decided to prepare breakfast of Macaroni, garnished with carrots, green peppers and shrimps. That was her favorite meal and she'd been craving it for a while.

She got down from the bed and looked at her friend who was still curled up in her corner, sleeping. She entered into the kitchen and got out the ingredients. She opened the mini fridge and got out the plate of shrimps.

As soon as she opened it, she expected the usual appetizing aroma of one of her favorite sea food but instead she felt her stomach turn as bile rose up to her throat. She quickly shot the plastic plate and pushed it aside.

Gagging, Amanda clamped her hand over her mouth, shutting her eyes tight.

Why had that just happened? She wondered. Was it the drink of the previous night? Maybe she was still nauseous.

She brushed the thought away as she began cooking the macaroni. She sliced the onions and peppers before dicing the carrots. She took out 2 sachets of tomato paste from the cabinet that was above the kitchen sink. As she cooked, she heard her phone ring. So, she wiped her hand with a towel and went to answer her phone. As she went into the room, she saw Sophie already holding up her phone as if expecting her to come.

She took the phone from her friend and checked the caller. It read, 'Loml'. She grinned as she accepted the call.

"Hey babes," She said into the phone. "Good morning."

"Morning, baby. What's up?"

"Nothing much. I have a mad hangover,"She said as she sat on the bed. "I actually woke up by 5 to throw up, can you imagine?"

Prince laughed. "Baby, I remember Sophie telling you to take it easy with the drinks but you said you got it."

Amanda pouted and made cry sounds. "Next time, baby, stop me after one drink."

"Really? Next time I try to stop you, you'll say stop babe, don't be a coward let's drink till dawn," He said imitating her voice.

She laughed, shaking her head. "I don't talk like that jare."

"Oh but you do."

"Babe, I'm cooking. I have to go now," She said getting up from the bed.

"What are you cooking? Macaroni?"

"You know me too well," She said laughing.

"Alright then. I'll come over in about 2 hours or so."

"Okay baby."

"I love you," He said softly.

"I love you." She said as he hung up.

"I thought you said you were never drinking again?" Sophie taunted sleepily as Amanda raised her hand in a "duh" sign and Sophie laughed. She kept smiling as she went into the kitchen to continue cooking.

"Sophie!" Amanda shouted from the kitchen, making her friend wake up.

"What na?" Sophie asked breathing out heavily and yawning. She sat on the bed and stretched her body.

"It's almost 8:30, you no go wake up?" Amanda said from the kitchen as Sophie stood up and went to meet Amanda in the kitchen.

"How far? You still dey feel sick?" Sophie asked as Amanda nodded.

"I almost threw up when I perceived the smell of the shrimp,"

"E don spoil? E dey for fridge na,"  Sophie said as she opened the plastic and perceived it. "It's still good na."

"Yeah, I know," Amanda said as she poured the chopped vegetables into the heated oil making her and Sophie jump back so the oil would not splash on them. "Pour the shrimps in abeg."

Soohie took the plate and poured the content gently into the pot. Amanda stirred for a while before allowing them to sizzle a bit. After which she took out the shrimps and added the tomato pastes.

"How your meeting with Chief clement go?"

"Very well," Sophie said leaning against the wall and smiling.

"Hmm. How much did he give you?"

"It's small sha. Just 40k." Sophie said with a shrug.

"It's small sha? Abeg, is he your father?" Amanda asked as they laughed. "He tried jare."

"Whatever. I need to make my hair," She said patting her hair that was tied up in a messy ponytail. "And my dresses are arriving today."

"I can't wait to see the dresses that you've been talking about," Amanda said playfully rolling her eyes.

Sophie stuck her tongue out making Amanda laugh. "And you'll see them by tomorrow." Sophie said poking her friend's nose as she began walking out. "Abeg, cook fast. I'm hungry."

"Yes, your highness."

*****
A/n Hi loves! Second chapter is down. Please and please read, vote and comment. And also, read the previous chapter if you haven't. Thanks.
Bye. 😙