Six

The other women watched as Whitney waved the contraceptives around in her hands, going on about who slept around with her husband.

"Wait a minute," Toni began, eyeing her friend sideways. "You tryin' to accuse one of us of messing around with Bobby?" She then pointed within the direction of their other friends.

Their faces held expressions of astonishment as they could not believe the accusations made against them. They definitely had their troubles with Whitney at times, but they'd never stoop so low as to having an affair with her husband.

"You got that shit right!" The woman replied, her voice rising. "Ain't nobody at this retreat but us. So, he gots to be bending somebody's ass over." Her eyes traveled upon the other women. "Who is it?"

Janet's arms crossed above her chest all as her pupils rolled in a circular motion. "Shit, you sure he the one doing the bending?"

The other women—Toni, Angela, and Mariah—fell into a short laughter. It was clear that if the man hadn't been with them or any either woman on the resort, then perhaps he had given himself to another man.

But Whitney—on the other hand—didn't find any humor in that question. She knew that her husband was partaking in some ungodly affair and this wasn't a moment she'd been taking too lightly. "Wait a minute, just what the hell are you tryin' to say?"

Angela waved the woman off, continuing to giggle a bit. "Chile please, you know good and well ain't none of us been freaking on Bobby's cheating ass."

"Right," Mariah added, standing next to Toni. "You and I got our problems but I ain't got no reason to be laid up with your man." She gave Whitney eyes of reassurance.

But, truthfully, Whitney had known Mariah to be the least to even suspect of some affair with Bobby. As stated before, both women had gone way back. Regardless of the distance their souls created between one another, they knew which lines to cross and those not worth crossing.

"Y'all right, y'all right," Whitney then replied, releasing profound breaths and lowering her voice. These women were her girls since before she could remember, they'd never betray her in such a way. "I ain't got no business thinkin' y'all been creeping around with Bobby." Her head moved from one side to the other, in utter disbelief to know that he had been with another woman yet again. "I know his ass been with somebody, I just don't know who."

Toni stepped closer to the woman's presence, planting her left hand upon Whitney's right shoulder. "Whoever he been with, we don't know them. Honey, you need to go to your man. Set his ass straight."

Whitney's head then moved in a motion that displayed an understanding of what Toni had mouthed. For as long as Bobby had given himself to other people, Whitney had always found it necessary to bash the other woman before she would check her husband. Hopefully, with her friend's advice, that would change.

"Can we get in this goddamn truck now?" Janet asked, rolling her eyes and smiling. She watched as the other women moved their bodies in ways that answered yes, then proceeded to be the first to enter the vehicle.

Now while the women made their selves comfortable in the Suburban, awaiting the arrival of their destination to the nearest mall, the men were still back at retreat. They continued to sit within the provided area of which breakfast had been previously served.