One

After being on the road for a count of three hours, wife and husband, Janet & Boris Jackson, pulled onto the lot of where their destination rested. This destination was none other but the Couple Of Forevers retreat, which they had been invited to free of cost.

"Can't even imagine somebody having to pay for this," Boris said, eyeing the resort of which they were gifted to utilize, all while seated on the driver's side of their vehicle. He had been stirring the car into a circular motion of the lot, hoping to find a close enough spot to park in. "Damn place looks expensive..."

Janet, while scrolling through social media on her phone, rolled her eyes to the rear of her head. "Why are you worried about how much it costs? It was a gift to us, Boris." She felt that by being able to reside at the retreat for a few—free of charge—it wasn't necessary for her husband to comment on how costly it appeared to be. He just should've been thankful he didn't have to come out of pocket. "Ain't no reason for you to be complaining."

After being together for five years, the couple was married for a total of eight. Janet was a successful business owner with two restaurants she planted from the ground up, hoping to open a third. Because Boris was a well-known lawyer who hadn't found love, he'd often find himself consuming quite a few meals alone at one of the woman's restaurants. Growing a bond over the love of food and servicing, both Boris and Janet formed a friendship with one another that soon led them into romantic relations.

"Complaining?" The man asked, eyeing his wife sideways. He had finally found a spot to store their vehicle, pulling into one just a few feet from the nearest entrance. "What makes you think I'm complaining. All I'm saying is—"

But, Janet cut him off with, "Boris, I don't know and I don't give a damn." She removed the seat belt that protected her slender body, ready to exit the car. "Can we please just go in and get settled? Can we do that?"

Now, though this couple had instantly grown fond of each other and found a love that felt like it'd last a lifetime, times between the two weren't always as preferred. More recently than previously, the husband and wife were at what appeared to be their unhappiest time. Janet was too busy catering to her businesses while Boris spent the majority of his time working on cases, that the connection they once shared had drifted. Wanting to try to prepare for pregnancy, the couple decided therapy would bring them back closer together. Therapy helped resolved some issues, but it did not reconnect them.

Both the man and woman released themselves from their car, gathered their belongings reserved for the retreat, then walked towards the entrance of the resort. Once inside, they stood before the front desk of the main lobby, waiting in line to be checked in.

"Hi there," the guest service associate said, greeting them. "I'm Corrine." She smiled at the two as they smiled back. "How can I help you guys?"

"We're Janet and Boris Jackson," Boris replied. "Here for the uh...A Couple Of Forevers retreat?" He then felt within the pockets of what he was clothed in, pulling out an envelope that consisted of their invitation.

Corrine began to type words onto the device that stood before her. "Oh, yes. I see you two are the hosts of your party." She then looked closely at whatever the device presented to her. "If you could just show me some kind of identification, I can go ahead and get you guys settled in."

Janet reached into the black pigmented, designer purse she carried upon her shoulder. "Just so you know, four more couples are joining us. They should be here soon." She handed over her driver's license.

The other woman examined what was on the identification card to make sure it matched what was shown on the computer. "Oh, okay. I figured. We have prepared a private waiting area for you guys." She handed Janet her license back. "You're more than welcome to stay in there for as long as you'd like while you wait. If you'll just follow me, I can show you to it."

The couple did as suggested and followed Corrine to the space of which they were provided. Once inside, they thanked the helpful woman then took their seats as they were left alone. Allowing their eyes to roam the room, they noticed sections for catered snacks and drinks. Janet rose from where she sat, headed in the direction of the provided coffee maker.

Now, while this couple spent their time in the waiting area, their friends Whitney & Bobby Houston were on the road with only an hour left until they were to reach the resort.

"If you think I'm crazy, then you's a goddamn fool," said Whitney, seated on the passenger side of their SUV. Being the most toxic couple of the group, she and her husband argued just about every second of every hour. They were arguing while on the road about Whitney's suspicions of Bobby's possible infidelities.

"I ain't said yo' ass was stupid. But you sho' is acting stupid," Bobby spat back, trying to focus on the road. "How many times I'mma tell yo' ass I ain't been with nobody else?"

Allowing her eyes to roll in a circular motion, the wife jerked her head back. "You been with somebody cause you sho' as hell ain't been with me." She then waved the man off, "The hell I look like to you? Boo-Boo-The-Fool?"

These two—as feisty as they were—couldn't stand each other for one second, but actually shared quite a rather deep love. And even though this love was sometimes as unhealthy as could be, neither Whitney nor Bobby could see themselves with anybody else. She was a dedicated, devoted county judge all as he was a music producer and director. They met at a small club for an event Bobby had planned for one of his artists. Whitney, who had been exceptionally great friends with the artist, later found out that that very artist and Bobby were sneaking around. Ever since then, the couple had dealt with none other but an endless stream of infidelity. You'd think a woman would grow tiresome of having to withstand her husband giving himself to women that weren't her, but somehow, Whitney looked past it every time.

"Mhm. Since you got it through yo' head that I ain't only been with you," Bobby replied, incessantly guiding their vehicle on the road. "What bitch you saw me with?"

Instantly, his wife looked at him with eyes of astonishment, holding onto her chest. "Excuse me? You's got to be a bold motha'fucka to have a bitch around me." She then nudged him in his head a little, distracting his focus off the road. "You know I'm crazy, do not play with me, Bobby."

A|N: thoughts? watch how things heat up :)
wit Bobby cheating ass 😂.
- not edited.