1

                    ○○•○○☆○○•○○

I walked past a ginger head boy that was staring at a guy that just called him “ginger nugget”. The guy was probably drunk as hell considering i could smell his breath from where i was standing.

“Drunk ass” i muttered to myself and continued walking until i found the registration area hidden in the back of the main cabin. It was next to a lady collecting phones, she was a pretty girl but she was showing too much skin in a camp full of annoying perverted teen boys. I don’t have a phone so i don’t need to stress over the fact i would have to walk past one particular black boy that looked about ready to piss himself in his silk pants.

The lady at the registration desk handed me my cabin number and called the next person up. I walked away and sat down at one of the tables outside, pulling out my moms picture from my pocket. She was in her army uniform hugging my three year old self and my step dad was in the back grilling hot dogs but still smiling at the camera. The hot dogs were burnt but i don’t think he really noticed. I smiled before putting the picture back in my pocket.  Let's just say my biological dad was nowhere in sight.

I didn’t think this camp had many things to do but in only 10 minutes of doing nothing at the table i was sitting at Logan, a camp leader, grabbed me from my lonely depressing table and dragged me over to a huge zipline area. There was a long line of excited kids waiting for their turn and i was at the end of it. Lucky me.

The ginger head boy i learned was called Alex from before slowly climbed his way up to the top of the ladder and walked up to get hooked on to the zipline. He didn’t look okay, he looked scared and i instantly felt bad for him when he fell back and started climbing back down the ladder. A couple of kids in line snickered and i glared back at them.

He walked up to us with a shameful face and i knew i had to do something. I stepped out of line and walked up to him. “Its okay if your afraid of heights. Everyone’s afraid of something, that’s what makes us human.” i told him smiling down at him. He wasn’t short im just really tall for my age. He gave me a shy smile and muttered a ‘thanks’ before walking past me and towards the main cabin. I could tell he needed some alone time so i turned back and walked back to the end of the line.