06

(Do y'all even like this book? Lol.)

Mensa Coleman

"Yo stupid ass always in some shit

"Yo stupid ass always in some shit." I said.

"Bitch I ain't stupid." She rolled her eyes at me. "That hoe was trying me. She got what she deserved."

"It don't matter dickhead. Stop all that fucking fighting." I yelled.

"Stop fucking yelling at me, you ain't my goddamn daddy!" She yelled back at me.

"Pop told me to make sure your hardheaded ass don't get in no fucking trouble." I responded. "Stop with the dumb shit Zara, this the last time I'm telling you."

"Get the fuck out of my room." She got up pushing me.

"Stop touching me before you get beat the fuck up again." I told her trying to lighten up the mood with a joke.

"Again?!" She asked as she shook her head. "Bitch stop playing with me!"

I walked out of her room. "Ard Zar. I'm leaving."

"Bye." She rolled her eyes at me.

I sucked my teeth. "Stop acting like that."

"No because you came in here talking to me all crazy." She snapped.

"Because yo ass don't listen." I said. "You know what? I'm not even about to go back and forth with you. Bye I love you, stay out of fucking trouble." I said as I walked downstairs.

As I was coming down, Milano was walking in. She looked at me and made a face. "Go get my comb."

I laughed as I shook my head. "You ain't touching my hair again."

"You look dumb. Lemme fix it." She said putting her keys and purse down.

"I look better than yo baby daddy." I said.

"Pshh! You wish." She said. "Next time you come up in here with yo head looking like that I'm doing it. I don't care what your ugly ass gotta say about it."

"I don't care what your ugly ass gotta say about it." I mimicked her. "Bye, I'm leaving."

"You don't never stay over here." She scrunched her face up. "Antonio miss you."

"Where he at?" I asked.

"His dad bringing him in a few hours." She answered me. "He miss you and Chino. He drew a picture of y'all and everything."

"Ah man." I scratched the back of my head. "I'll come by later tonight."

"Ok." She said. "Be safe, I love you."

"I love you too." I told my cousin as I exited the house.

My phone began to buzz in my pocket causing me to take it out and look at the screen. I accepted the call when I noticed it was my dad calling from prison.