01

Zara Coleman

"Ow, bitch damn!" Taajah yanked her head away from me.

"I'm tired of your tender headed ass!" I laughed at her. "Come on, I got one more braid left."

"Let me do it." She said as she got up and looked in the mirror.

"Girl, no. I'm basically done, and yo ass can't braid for shit." I told her.

She sucked her teeth and sat back down. I shook my head at my dramatic ass best friend. I hurried and finished her braids and dipped them so she would shut up.

"Go head ugly, you done." I told her after I dipped her hair.

"Bitch you got my head throbbing."she complained. "This why I wear braid wigs."

"Stiff ass braid wigs. I getchu right & you know it!" I said.

"Yeah, I guess so." She looked into the mirror. "I guess my best friend be having me cute!" She posed.

I laughed as my phone went off.

I felt this uneasiness takeover my body

"Fix yo face bitch." Taajah said looking at me.

"Somethings wrong, I feel it in my gut yo." I said. I began to dial Chino's number.

"What happened?" Taajahs usual friendly grin dropped from her face as she approached me.

"They was shooting and we can't get a hold of Chino." I said as I heard the dial tone.

She ran over to her phone and tried to call him. I stared at her intensively.

"Anything?" I asked. She shook her head no.

"Let's not trip, it's probably nothing." I said trying to make light of the situation.

"You right." She said.

I sat down on the couch and put on F is for family. A show that would usually have tears rolling out of our eyes, from laughter, didn't get a sound out of us.

Something was really wrong and we knew it.

"Y'all, we gotta go. Chino just got shot!" My aunt Milano, came running down stairs with holding her son, and her keys in her other hand.

My heart literally dropped. Taajah and I ran out the door behind Milano, and into the car.

"How do you know? What happened?" Taaj asked with tears filling her eyes.

"The police called me, they said he got shot three times." She fumbled with her keys before finally getting them in.

She pulled off the second the car started.