Chapter 2

What Happened Last Time:

"Oh? You don't? Well, I'm going to fix that.The name's Evan. Evan Matthews."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I widened my eyes and paled quickly.

Evan? The Evan Matthews? The notorious Bad Boy of Lindale High...I'm deep shit now.

"E-Evan M-Matthews?" I stuttered.

"Yes, Evan Matthews. The one and only." He smirked. I scanned him over. He doesn't really look like a bad boy, more of a golden boy, personally. "Lindsey Heavens, are you checking me out?" My eyes made its way back to his. I felt my cheeks starting to burn. "W-Wh-" I cleared my throat and adjusted my glasses, which were suprisingly still in contact. "What are you talking about? I was not! How do you even know my name?" I asked.

"Who doesn't? You're on Megan's top murder list. And you so were checking me out. Does it help that I've got a six pack?" He smirked. "Cue the blush!" He was right on time. I felt my cheeks getting redder and redder like a tomato.

"Pshh. I wasn't." I said.

"Righhtt. Anyway, why does Megan hate you so much?" Evan asked.

"I really don't know. We were the best of friends in middle school. She somehow changed. In summer before freshman year she started avoiding me. Then BAM, first day of school she came in with a cake full of makeup, and wearing skimpy clothes. She's been my bully ever since." I said sadly.

"Well, back to the topic. I am going to teach you how to fight." Evan exclaimed.

"What? No! I don't want to!" I whined.

"Oh, but I'm making you. You can't escape me." He said and walked away. Then my phone buzzed.

Unknown Number: 2046694017

I'll send you the address by text. Be there Saturday at 6am, or else. -Evan

I guess I'm going to learn to fight now. I sighed, ask I walked to the Nurse's Room to get an ice pack.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up on the Saturday morning, gad that there wasn't any school today...until I got a text message.

Evan Matthews:

WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU? You know what, I'll pick you up.

My eyes widened. How did he even know my address? Oh, whatever. He is Evan Matthews. I jumped out of bed and ran to my bathroom to take a shower and to brush my teeth. I dashed back to my room and put on a pair of ripped jeans, with a light blue button shirt and some black Vans while trying to brush my wavy hair out of my face. Then I heard my mom laugh with a deep voice. Oh no. I quickly ran downstairs to the kitchen and saw the one and only, Evan Matthews.

"Oh, Honey! I didn't know you had a boyfriend!" my mom said as my dad glared at both my mom and Evan.

Say WHAT? I looked at Evan. He smirked. Well, two can play at this game. "Oh mom! I forgot! This is Evan, my loving boyfriend! He just asked me yesterday!" I said with fake happiness. The suprise on Evan's face almost sent me laughing. Then he quickly smiled and turned to my mother and said, "Is it okay if I steal Lindsey for the day? I promise I'll bring her back by curfew."

"Actually-" My dad started but never finished because my mom butted in.

"Of course! You kids have a good day!" I mom said happily. I panicked and sent a quick look at my dad so we could talk. He quickly got the message and we both walked into the living room. "Dad! It's not what it seems like! He's not my boyfriend! He's not even my friend for goodness sakes! All of the stuff I said in the kitchen! Fake." I said. My dad's face softened.

"Oh, thank the Lord! I thought I was going to have to bring out the gun." My dad said. I raised my eyebrows.

"Really?" I said.

"Really. And I really liked that boy. He's funny." My dad confirmed. I rolled my eyes as we walked out and into the kitchen.

"You ready to go?" Evan asked as he turned away from my mom.

"Yes, she's ready. Oh, and if I see one scratch or a single tear, I will personally crastrate you son. Am I clear?" My dad said. I visibly saw Evan gulp and I smirked. My dad could be really scary sometimes, being six feet ten, a good eight inches off of Evan, and his famous scowl, of course.

"Crystal clear, sir. I'll bring her back in top shape." Evan said nervously.

"Alright, let's go." I said. After Evan and I walked out the doors of my house, I immediately turned to him and scowled. "Boyfriend? What were you thinking?" I almost shouted.

He flinched. "It was the only way to get invited in our house?" He asked with uncertainty.

"Only?" My scowl deepened.

"Uhh, Yes? I liked your mom, she's really nice. And, err, your dad too..." He said.

"Don't worry. I told my dad not to bring out his rifle." I said. Evan paled.

"Rifle?" He said nervously.

"Uh huh! He used to be in the army, they let him keep some stuff, but now he's a lawyer." I thought deeply, still remembering my dad leaving for a long time because of missions. " But don't worry, he's a kind man to heart through the facade. Though it's pretty funny that the notorious Evan Matthews is afraid of the nerd's dad." I said.

"Hey Lindsey?" Evan said as I snapped out of my thoughts.

"Hmm?" I said.

"Can we leave? I don't really like seeing your dad glaring daggers through my head." As he pointed to the window behind me. I turned around. I saw my dad glaring at us. Then he caught my eye and winked. I guess my dad enjoys intimidating people. I laughed. Evan looked at me with a small smile. "What?" I asked.

"You should laugh more often."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys! This is my new update, obviously. I hope you liked it! To the side is Lindsey! Ain't she a beauty? But picture her with glasses. Oh, and also to the side is my song of the day. I will now be updating every Friday if possible. See ya guys!

With Lots of Love, Bree.