Chapter 1

Wow. Ya know, writing is suprisingly harder when you actually have to think about what to write instead of letting your mind run wild. I knew i should've written what I thought down before I forget. Pwhooe. :( Oh well. Let's see what I've got!

-Bree

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 1

I was walking down the school hallway with my hood on, trying not to get spotted by Megan, the Queen Bee of our school, Lindale High. Now, You might want to know why I'm trying to hide from her. Well, the thing is, I might have accidentally spilled milk over her designer jacket. It was a mistake! Sheesh. Guess she doesn't get the quote 'No crying over spilled milk'. Here's what happened.

*30 minutes ago*

I was in the lunch line, and was obviously, getting my lunch. When I got to the front, I grabbed some random food and quickly dashed out the cafeteria. I don't belong here, I thought. And that was when I bumped into the Queen of Lindale High, Megan. And it wasn't just any bump, I spilled all my food and milk all over her new pink designer jacket. Uh-oh.

"You bitch! You just spilled your gross food all over my designer jacket! Do you even know how much it cost?"

Gee, really? I thought I spilled it over your shoes, captain obvious.

"What did you just say to me?"

Uh, did I really just say that out loud?

"Yes, you did, you stupid bitch. You have five seconds to run before I come after you!"

Ooooohh. Now I really have to go.

"1,2,3-" I quickly ran out of the room and put my hood on.

*Present Time*

The bell rang. people poured out of the classrooms. Now, I actually have a chance of hiding from Megan. I started to pick up the pace.

"GET OUT OF MY WAY!" I heard Megan yell. "WHERE IS THAT BITCH?" Everyone knew who she meant. After all, I was her punching bag for three years, going on four if you count our senior year right now.

Ahhh, fuck it. I jumped into a run and ran down the hallways making many turns. Then I felt someone grasp my arms. I knew immediately who it was, because I felt the harp claws now digging into my skin."You, bitch. This is payback for what you did." She yanked my hair. Pain shot through my head, and I felt the tears prickling in my eyes. She punched me. I didn't care about the crowd around us. It just hurt too much. She dropped me, dusted herself off, and walked away, leaving me crumpled on the ground. The crowd dispersed, and I calmed my ragged breathing after a while. I struggled to get up. My stomach hurt. Clutching my stomach, I slowly limped to the nurse's office.

"Well, well, well." The person with a deep voice said slowly clapping. "That was quite a show. Tell me, why don't you ever defend yourself?"

I looked up and saw two dark brown eyes staring straight at me.

"Well? Aren't you gonna answer me?" The deep chocolatey voice said.

"Uh, I-" I stammered. "I don't k-know how."

"Oh? You don't? Well, I'm going to fix that. The name's Evan. Evan Matthews."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi guys! I know it's short, but I've been really busy these past few days, with school starting and having so much homework. But, I hope you like it! I'll try to update as fast as I can. Have a great week! Oh, and I like, no. Scratch that. LOVE music, so I'll often put music in. See ya!

-Bree