PROLOGUE

˗ 𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄 ˗
❝ welcome to hogwarts ❞

𝐅𝐈𝐑𝐒𝐓 𝐘𝐄𝐀𝐑, 𝟏𝐒𝐓 𝐒𝐄𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐌𝐁𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟗𝟑𝟗

   "OH, HURRY UP OPHELIA! We don't have all day, keep up!"

The nagging voice of a young witch was only just about heard over the bustling of kings-cross station. The air was full of the smoke that emitted from the steam trains, wafting into the faces of those in the packed area. A permanent grimace was etched into Walburga Black's face as she pulled her sister along behind her with so much force that young Ophelia had a hard time not falling flat on her face. They passed by newly put up war posters, all sharing variations of the same message. "Britons want you! Join your countries army! God save the King!", along with a few evacuation posters. The threat of a second war was becoming more prominent and harder to ignore, and it put a sick feeling in Ophelia's stomach. But the two witches had no time to read or process the posters as they hurried towards Platform Nine and Three-Quarters, the younger of the two breathing out quick apologies to the people she accidentally bumped into.

In all honest, Ophelia couldn't understand why they were in such a hurry. It was only quarter past ten, which meant that it would be forty-five minutes until the train departed. But her parents insisted that it was always better to be early than late, and that punctuality told a lot about a person. So, Ophelia didn't argue, as always.

Walburga Black was not a pleasant person at all, even more so towards her little sister. So, Ophelia opted to always staying out of her way, avoiding her at all costs. She would often hide away in her bedroom back in 12 Grimmauld Place, spending hours reading and even re-reading books from the large shelf in her room. On rare occasions, the younger girl would wonder why her sister hated her or seemed to at least. Perhaps it was due to Ophelia's special uniqueness that separated her from the rest of her family.

Ophelia Black was a gifted witch, but as cliché as it may sound, she saw it as a curse. She was a Seer, born with the ability to see into the future with her "Inner Eye". Her parents began to suspect that there was something odd about their daughter when she would wake up screaming, as if the innocent little baby had seen something horrifying during her slumber. They would regularly take her to St Mungo's, but they didn't know what to do other than attempt to calm her down, her wails echoing around the ward for hours until she finally fell asleep again. It wasn't until she turned six that Ophelia herself could explain why she would wake up in such a way, and it soon became apparent that she was indeed a Seer. A true Seer, which was very rare. Her parents hated it with a burning passion and had no problem in expressing how they felt about the whole thing. Walburga turned more spiteful towards her sister, and Ophelia closed herself off from others.