68

So after those tear jerking chapters, whose ready for a...not-so-tear-jerking chapter? I don't know. But enjoy and hopefully it will being a few laughs rather than tears. Also, Spider-Man Far From Home is absolutely amazing! Tom Holland is soooo talented and he is the best Peter Parker! Perfect ending to Phase 3 of the MCU!

~68~

     It had been a good two weeks since Tony's funeral and Clara has begun to come to terms with her new future. Though she missed Tony with everything that she had, she had made a promise to herself to not spend the rest of her life in sorrow and remember her brother as a hero.

One night, Clara and Steve sat on the couch in their living room, sitting in silence as the fire cracked in the fireplace. Clara had just hung up the phone with Bruce as he explained to them that he finished their new time machine and Clara and Steve would be the ones to return the stones to their rightful places the next morning. She curled up on her blanket while Steve looked down at his hands, trying to figure out what to say to his wife. "What're you thinking about?" Clara asked, leaning over and taking his hand in hers. He looked up at her, a hint of sorrow yet a hint of excitement in his blue eyes.

"We're going back in time," Steve said. Clara nodded her head and scrunched her nose.

"Yeah, I mean we've done it before." She said, a small chuckle escaping her lips as he stated the obvious.

"We did it before when we had a job to do in a little amount of time. What if..." Steve started. "What if we...do something we'll never be able to do again." Steve said only above a whisper, like he didn't want anyone else to hear except Clara. It took a moment for Clara to understand before she slowly nodded. They knew they were going to be the only two going on their little mission and they knew they could do whatever they wanted with what was given to them as long as it was appropriate. They stayed by the fireplace that night, discussing how they would make their plans work. By the time the finished, it was already a quarter till midnight. They kissed each other goodnight and went to bed, awaiting the next day.

When morning arrived, Clara woke up to Steve gently stroking her hair out of her face. Her eyes fluttered open to meet his as he laid beside her. "Good morning beautiful," he smiled softly. Clara moved forward and pressed her lips to his.

"Good morning," she replied as she rested her head back on her pillow.

"We better be getting ready," Steve said. His voice was soft like always. Clara nodded and sat up as she rubbed her eyes to wake up. The couple got out of bed and began to make the bed. When the bed was made, she and Steve showered together before they got dressed and ready. Steve had put on his suit, making Clara's eyes linger on it as she knew what was going to happen in the future.

"You know," Clara said as she leaned backwards to get a better look. "Your ass does look great in that suit."

"That's not going away anytime soon, is it?" Steve smiled as he watched Clara's smile grow wider.

"No, not anytime soon," she answered truthfully. While she was still smiling at her husband, Clara had gotten dressed in a pair of jeans and a navy blue long sleeve shirt. They said goodbye to Miles before they got in their car and took off to their first location. The car ride was full of laughter as Steve listened to Clara sing along to the songs on the radio. While Clara's excitement died down, she laid her head on the headrest and stared at Steve. He looked at her before back at the road, then back at her. "What are you staring at?"

"My beautiful husband," she replied. Steve chuckled before rubbing one of her hands through his hair.

"I love you Clarissa Rogers." Steve teased with a wide smile.