| Seven |

"Beware the false motives of others, be careful of those who pretend to be brothers, and you never suppose it's those who are closest to you."
~The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill

Kofi

Kofi was out on his rooftop patio enjoying the cookout he planned with his friends and some family when Lani shot a quick text.

L🌻: coming up now

He smiled, excusing himself from his sister to open the door for her. Having good timing, Kofi opened the door as soon as her hand reached up to knock. He noticed her bright smile as she looked up at him, and he returned it, looking down at her.

Ailani had a natural beauty that no woman could compete with in his eyes. Just the way she looked at him made him melt on the inside, and he wasn't so sure if that was a good thing.

"Hey." She smiled, holding up a bottle. "Hey, and thank you." He smiled grabbing the bottle, and then her hand.

They walked in, letting the door close behind them. Kofi introduced her to a couple of family members before walking her outside onto the patio. "Darion! Raymond! Guess who's here?" He spoke loudly catching their attention.

Ailani leaned into him a little bit, seeing she was shy and Kofi placed his arm around her waist.

"Ailani, these are my friends Darion and Raymond. Guys, this is my girlfriend, Ailani." Kofi spoke with his arm still around her waist.

Ailani knew Raymond; he was best friends with her ex, Jayce. "Hello." She smiled forcibly as she watched how his face contorted while processing the scene before him. "Hey. How are you?" Darion responded genuinely, placing his hand out. "I'm doing good. It's nice to meet you Darion." She smiled shaking his hand. "Hey Lala? How you been?" Raymond stared.

"Um. I'm doing good, how about you? Haven't seen you since we graduated." She awkwardly wrapped her arm around Kofi causing his face to frown in confusion. "I'm good. When's the last time you seen or talked to Jayce?" He asked clearly thinking he'd caught her up in an affair. Ailani knew Jayce probably still made it seem as if they were in a relationship. She wouldn't put it past him. "Jayce and I broke up a while ago... I mean, it's been a done deal months ago." She shrugged while clearly showing that she was feeling uncomfortable through her face expressions.

"Alright well, we'll catch up with y'all later." He spoke dapping Darion.

Deep down, Kofi didn't like how Raymond acted toward her and he made a mental note to contact him about it later.

"Hey there, you must be Ailani." Keira smiled, hugging her. Kofi eyes widened a little due to Keira usually being stand-offish and mean. "Hey, you're Keira right?" She smiled. "Yes, yes I am. So tell me how my brother's been treating you so far..." they trailed off as they walked away from Kofi.

He shook his head and walked off to finish his Sunday.

** Later That Evening **

Lani and Kofi finished cleaning the kitchen for the evening. After showering, and getting comfortable they decided to enjoy some wine. Kofi looked at the clock to see it was 10 pm.

"How you feel about meeting my friends and some of the family?" He asked jumping on the counter to sit. Lani walked up in between his legs and leaned into him. "It honestly was good. Keira was a lot of fun we have so much in common." Her face lit up.