Chapter 22

~Iman’s P.O.V~

                Shopping was exhausted indeed. Auntie Sana literally dragged me to every shop where she ‘bargained’ even the cheapest thing she liked.

                I found her buying strategy weird but I kept my mouth shut all of the time. Just giving my opinion whenever she asked for it, other than that I tried to pretend I wasn’t even with her. It was embarrassing to say the least.

                I wasn’t the only one embarrassed though, Jessy was more than embarrassed. At the end of the day she began to be a little pissed off and would whisper-shout at her mom to just drop the ‘bargains’ as it was a good deal to begin with.

                “Things in the UK are just like in Egypt but more expensive. What a rip off.” Auntie Sana snarled in the car as I backed up from the parking lot heading home.

                “Obviously, there isn’t any difference as we copy everything they do here.” Jessy rolled her eyes annoyed at her own mother.

                “I guess so. I’m so tired. I just want to take a relaxing bath before dinner.” Auntie Sana sighed.

                “It was a long day indeed. I feel bad for dragging you around, Iman.” Jasmin gave me an apologetic look which I caught in my rare-view mirror.

                “It’s no trouble at all. I’m sorry you didn’t buy all the things you needed. We just moved here a couple of months ago, so I don’t really know the place.” I actually did feel bad. A good host always makes her guests happy. And Auntie Sana was anything but.

                “It’s okay. I bought most of the things I want. Just some small things left. We could probably pick them up whenever.” Jasmin was really nice. I wonder where she got it from.

                I don’t mean to bad mouth my Auntie. Not at all. She’s lovely really, but it’s just that she’s always critique of everything and always has a reason to complain while Jasmin is the complete opposite.

                “Finally home. Those car seats are really not comfortable.” Auntie Sana complained as she got out of the car once I parked.

                “I’m sorry you weren’t comfortable, Auntie.” I felt somewhat guilty that she wasn’t comfortable in my car. Maybe I should have chosen a closer place.

                “It’s okay, sweetie. I’m sure your delicious dinner would make it up to me.” She chuckled patting my back as I opened the front door for her but I froze midway for a second.

                Dinner! I forgot to prepare anything before we went out and now I have nothing.

                Recovering fast, I continued opening the front door and letting my guests enter first as my brain tried to think of a quick fix for my current problem.

                Pasta and chicken was always my-to go quick dinner but I couldn’t go for it today. Auntie Sana was expecting something good not just anything.

                “I’m going to take a nice soothing bath in the tub you guys have. I’ve been craving it ever since I saw it.” Auntie Sana chuckled like she always does after saying something out of nowhere. I guess it was her habit.

                “Enjoy your bath, Auntie. I’ll get started with dinner while you finish.” I smiled covering my panic as my guests where walking up-stairs not minding what I said.