Chapter 64

~Youssef's P.O.V~

  Bus rides. I hate bus rides. Queuing up for at least 15 minutes to get the ticket then sitting in the crowded and really uncomfortable seat for another 30 minute just to go see the sheikh. I thought I was done with them meetings but after my conversation with Iman yesterday, I had to go one more time.

  At first I was in such a shock from the whole conversation. The fact that Iman knew and didn't tell Iman. She even came to talk to me about it. I never would have expected that. To be honest, I was scared of what this conversation may lead to but at the same tie I surprised even myself when my adrenaline took over me and literally begged Iman to stop convincing me to leave Holly.

  I guess my worry for Holly all day long mixed with the emotions of losing her got to me hard.

  She finally answered me yesterday and told that her dad was hospitalized for urgent reason. I offered to come and be with her since her voice literally broke my heart, but she refused. She said her dad doesn't like anyone seeing him like that which I understand.

  Her voice was cracking telling me she was crying the whole time and I couldn't stand the thought of leaving her like that. God, she was so strong, if the tables were turned I would literally run to her for shelter and relief. I knew she needed that as well but was too strong to admit it, that's why I'm going to be there for her right after I finish my meeting whether she asked me to or not.

  When I finally reached the mosque, I walked up the stairs to Sheikh Ibrahim's office. I knocked and entered when I heard him mumble a 'come in'.

  "Youssef, Al Salam Alykum." He smiled at me.

  "W Alykum Al Salam, Sheikh. How are you today?" I asked taking a seat opposite form him.

  "Alhamdulillah. Is it Jummah already?" He inquired nicely and I shook my head.

  "No, but I wanted to talk to you about something."

  "Go ahead my child. But do you mind if we have this conversation while walking around? I'm having a little back pain from sitting on this chair since fajr time." He asked nicely and I shrugged and got up.

  At first we didn't say anything as everyone who saw us walking around the mosque kept stopping him just to say hey. I thought it was nice how everyone kind of knew who the Sheikh was and he knew everyone by their name as well.

  "What did you want to talk to me about, Youssef?" The Sheikh finally asked me when we were about half a mile away from the mosque.

  "Yeah right," I was nervous to say the least. How do I tell the Sheikh I want to date a girl?

  "Go on my child." The Sheikh encouraged but that didn't the pressure away on bit, on the contrary it added more.

  "Well, I kind of like a girl." I said hesitantly. It was an underestimation to my feelings but how else was I supposed to talk to the Sheikh.

  "That's normal. All boys in your age have those feelings, it's the way your body was made to reaction to women's beauty." The Sheikh smiled, "But always remember my child to avert your gaze."

  This was going to be harder than I thought.

  "It's not like that Sheikh," I sighed and tried to search for the right words. Maybe I should do it quick, like a bandage.

  "I'm in love with a girl that I have been seeing and I want to know the right way to have a relation with her." I said so fast I don't even think he heard me. My heart was beating a thousand times in a second and my mouth was dry. All my hopes were up and I was dreading yet overly anticipating his next words.