Chapter 1.2

Shortly after Giles left, his father, Duke Astralis entered the room. His silver hair disheveled as if he just woke up from a nap and there was a huge cow lick on top of his head. He approached a few steps from the bed.

"I'm glad you're able to sit now." He glanced at Kei, putting his arms behind his back. "I've summoned a Magister to heal you from any illnesses and injuries that the town doctor couldn't do."

Kei slightly bowed, thanking him. He must've thought she was still in shock when she wasn't particularly moving when they visit her in her room.

The duke slightly glanced at the child and pursed his lips. 

"We'll discuss why you were being chased at a later date." He grumbled, seemingly displeased about not hearing anything from the young girl. "You should rest as much as possible, given the fact that you have golden hair... It seems like you're a noble from another country."

The duke's last sentence surprised Kei. Is golden hair really that rare? Last time she checked, golden hair was the most common next to brown in a fantasy world according to her sister's stories.

"Please also eat your food, it's not good skipping meals." The duke bowed slightly as a good bye before he closed the door behind him.

Kei closed her eyes the moment the duke left, her hands tightly clasped together. She was sorting out her knowledge from what she had heard from the maids and from what she remembered on stories her sister had told her.

"They're always, always handsome Kei-chan!" The little red haired bimbo would tell her, cheeks dyed red from excitement. "I hope one day I would be reborn and see handsome men around me!~" 

She let out a sigh, forcing her memories at the back of her mind. It wasn't the time to reminisce something so... sorrowful. Whenever she remembers how her sister would bob her head when she's sleepy or whenever they eat and stuff her cheeks full... it was as if her heart's being torn apart. When I at last found my real family... she silently cursed.

"A.. ki.." Kei voiced out her sister's name, every pronunciation filled with sorrow and regret. I miss you.. 

 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

It's been 3 days since Giles brought the news that a magister would come. Kei can finally walk on her own, her hair combed to a side, she felt fresh and comfortable. It was a surprise to know that cloth in this world is advanced, there are also no corsets or the like that is required to be worn by all noble ladies like on the stories.

Kei was wearing a peach colored sleeveless dress, decorated with frills at the bottom to make it have more volume up to her feet. Her golden hair tied to a side ponytail and her skin pale white. I look like a vampire. She thought to herself as she bared her fangs in front of the mirror.

"You look so pretty, miss." The maid who was helping her muttered while still combing Kei's hair. The maid is called Lana, from a common household, their family it seems had served the duke for generations.

"Thank you." Kei replied, her voice sounds husky but polite as her eyes glanced over the silver hair comb. 

I should probably take that comb, as a measure... just in case. She thought.

Knock, knock.

"Miss, the duke and the young master are already waiting for you at the other room." Another maid called from the other side of the door. 

"Let's go..." Kei slowly got up, lifting the hem of her dress as she walked outside. 

It's time to face reality...