Chapter 1

It was a week after she exhausted herself from running through the woods, her legs still felt a bit stiff from 'shock' as the doctor had told her benefactors.

Kei was found near the riverbanks in the brink of death by Sir Astralis, the Duke of the Mepis Empire. Apparently, she was dragged into an unknown world with this frail body as a vessel.

She shook her aching head and dazedly looked outside of her new room. Lush trees covering the estate, the town bell which symbolizes the calling of the church is now ringing in the distance. Am I really dead on Earth? Kei thought to herself as she examined her small hands and closed her eyes. If I am, then all my skills are now useless to me.

She imagined all the stories her little sister had told her in the past, her now orphaned sister who was anxiously waiting for her to get home from her work. Her sister always excitedly told her all about reincarnating to another world to live as royalty or as someone important. She told Kei on how to live her life as a noble, on how to properly greet others and how to not share everything she thought.

It seems like her sister knew she was going to be here... No, that was impossible.

Knock.. Knock..

The door opened slowly, revealing her benefactor; Giles Astralis, the son of Duke Astralis.

"Are you feeling alright now?" He timidly asks, slightly fiddling with his practice sword on his waist.

Kei slightly nodded, her voice not coming to her yet. It seems her body was still in shock despite being able to think rationally.

"Then all is good!" Giles's eyes twinkled as he smiled. "Father will call a Magister as soon as possible so they could fix your voice and fatigue, although resting for a bit is okay too..."

"So, where are you from? How old are you?"

Kei didn't bother listening to any of Giles's talking any longer after hearing that a magister would soon appear to heal her. She gazed back at the window, ignoring the child infront of her, and watched the trees dance with the wind. Giles got up from the bed and sighed.

It seems like magic was common in this world. Everyday life can't be done without it, and mental illness like retardation or epilepsy can be treated by higher magisters as Giles had told her as a passing remark. 

I doubt he thought I wouldn't be able to remember anything he had said. Kei silently mused to herself.

"By the way, I brought cake from the town shop." Giles muttered, pulling the cart from outside towards the side of the bed. "Call me if you need anything, okay? I might not look like it but I'm already a young adult. I could take care of you just fine." He boasted, thumping his chest.

He really doesn't look like a young adult. Kei thought. 

It must've showed on her face that she didn't believe him as Giles pouted. His eyes got a little bit teary as he shouted. "I am! I'm already 10! 10 is a young adult already okay! Even though I always wanted a little sister...." 

Wait, what?

If Giles is 10... how old am I, who's much smaller than him?

As Kei was still dazed by the revelation, Giles stormed out of the room pouting.