Part 10 - There is an Equal and an Opposite Reaction

There was a gentle knock on Malcolm's door. "Come, come in," he called, trying to mask his excitement.

Lili entered, and immediately put her canvas backpack on his desk and draped her jacket over his desk chair.

"You've returned," he observed.

"Did you doubt that?"

"I did not doubt you. I doubted myself," he admitted.

"Well, doubt no more," she smiled, "Plus I brought you something you really like."

He got up and kissed her. "Yourself."

"And this!" She presented a small bundle with a flourish, wrapped in a cloth napkin.

"Oho! What's this?"

"Close your eyes, and open your mouth."

"How intriguing," he murmured, before doing just that. She broke off a small piece of the smoked pineapple tart and gently placed it into his mouth. He smiled as he tasted it. Swallowing it, he opened his eyes and winked at her, "I have an idea."

"You look mischievous."

"Most definitely." He peeled her clothes off and bade her to lie back on the bed. He placed a small piece of the tart on her breast and then licked it off her body. Thoroughly, he licked her clean, moving downwards as well. She was writhing as he finished.

"You tease," she breathed, "Your turn." She eased his shorts and his briefs off. "I don't need pineapple flavoring."

"Oh?"

"You're delicious just the way you are."

"No one's ever referred to me as delicious before."

"Good," she breathed, "'cause I don't feel like fighting 'em off."

He was going to say something when, again, all coherence was lost. As before, he could not wait to kiss her afterwards.

They both lay there, panting. "Yanno," she noted, "we do need to sleep a bit."

"Yes, yes, of course. Here," he lay to the side and put his left arm out, extending it. "Can you put your head here?"

Lying on the left side of the bed, Lili nestled into the crook of his arm. She kissed him. "G'night."

"Good night."

"Oh, and Malcolm?"

"Hmm?"

"I talk in my sleep."

"Oh. All right," he replied softly.

=/\=

As Lili slept, she began to dream. But this was no ordinary dream.

She was in a pitch black room. There were footsteps. "Who's there?"

"A friend." The voice was familiar, and had a British accent."

"Malcolm?"

Lying next to her, Malcolm heard her call his name in her sleep. He kissed her forehead and went back to sleep.

"No," Lili's dream continued, "but you're close."

"I don't understand."

"You won't remember this dream in your waking life. But you will recall it from dream to dream. For this is no ordinary nocturnal vision."

"I don't know if I believe you."

"I suppose that's to be expected."

"Who are you, if you're not Malcolm?"