Chapter 8~

Gracie Hartman

With a hug, and kiss on the cheek(which made me blush furiously no doubt), Harry left, smiling and waving as he backed out of the carpark of my apartment complex.

I sighed, smiling and unlocking building door, buzzing myself in. I walked up the stairs in a daze, and I almost didn't notice Niall sleeping at the foot of the door, snoring loudly.

"NIALL! NIALL!" I woke him up, kicking him with my foot.

"What? What happened?" he woke with a start, looking at me through his groggy eyes. "Oh hey!"

"Erm, what are you doing here?" I asked him, looking at him warily.

"Oh I was thinking we could hang out," he grinned.

"Ah, and how did you get here?" I pressed on.

"I slipped in when someone was coming out," he admitted, sheepishly.

"Hm, how long have you waited?" I asked, opening the door, and ushering him in. 

He sat on my couch, propping his feet up to the table sitting in front, and he sighed, contently.

"Sorry a bit stiff out there, but I got here around 8?" he guessed.

I widened my eyes. "It's 11 o'clock! I'm so sorry!"

He smiled. "It's okay, I should've texted you first, but I was in the area."

"Oh, okay then."

"Yep. What were you doing anyway?"

At that question, I started blushing furiously, my head looked like a tomato, no doubt.

"Well, I went on a date with Haz."

"Oh right! The date! How did it go?" he asked, getting up, wandering and looking around my flat.

"Great. Harry's so sweet, and-" I poured myself a glass of Yorkshire tea. "-Tea?"

He shook his head.

"Well, as I was saying Harry was really sweet and-"

"Is this you as a kid?" he asked, pointing at a picture of me, in second grade, with pigtails, and no front teeth smiling.

"One and only."

"Ah."

"Yeah, so as I was saying, Harry was really sweet and then guess what he did? Well he sang-"

"I'm sorry, I changed my mind, can I have some tea?" he interuppted, smiling.

I nodded, pouring a glass, handing it to him.

"Anyways, Harry sang to me and-"

"Hey, do you-"

"GODDAMNIT NIALL STOP INTERUPPTING!" He threw his head back in surprise, but smiled sheepishly.

"I'm sorry."

I smiled, and sighed, shaking my head.

"Nevermind."

"Nah, Gracie, I'm sorry. Go on."

"Whatever. It's nothing." I said, looking at him. "Sorry for snapping." I added, giving him an uncomfortable side hug.

He chuckled. "My fault."

But then he looked away.

Something caught his eye, I could tell.

He walked over, to my desk, a small wooden one, and picked at a pile of papers. "What's this?"

The letters.

Shit.

Shit.

I forgot to drop of a letter.

No..

I hurriedly got the letter from the drawer, grabbing my jacket. "Nialler! Can you drop me off at the coffee shop by your guys' flats?" I asked, already out the door.

He looked confused, but caught up to my pace. "Sure why?" 

I got in the passenger seat of his car, as he got into the driver's side. "Drive. I'll explain some other time."

I hadn't checked it in days.

I was a liar.

Superman, (I have got to find a better nickname) and I, we promised. Promised everyday, we'd write. Everyday, we'd check the little green chair. Everyday, we'd never forget. And everday, we'd add a new addition to our pile of letters.

And I broke it.