Chapter Three

Chapter Three - Leila's P.O.V.

I peeled my eyes opened to a crowd of people, some who I assumed were doctors. but a whole other family, all looking at me with worried faces. Well this is awkward.

I focused on the family. It seemed like a decent family, a dad, a mom, and three kids, but there was something about them. Something about that one little girl.

I couldn't remember anything. Anything at all. But when that certain little girl looked up at me with wide eyes, everything flooded back. The abuse, the escape, and when I pushed a girl, that girl, away from a truck in the street.

"Daddy she's awake.", another girl whispered, tugging on the man's arm. She had dark brown hair and popping brown eyes. She was young, but not as young as the girl I saved.

"Yes Whitney.", he hushed. The man came over to the hospital bed and leant down, inches away from my face. It didn't look like he was going to kiss me, which was a good sign. He had to be atleast 35! He studied my face, looking all over. He pressed on some bruises and scratches, but not to hard. A random stranger is touching my face. Um.

I shuffled away, not going anywhere really, being my bed is narrow. The older blonde spoke up. "Dad, stop you're scaring her." She looked like a teenager, like my age. She was stunning, lengthy blonde hair and piercing blue eyes. She resembled her mom a lot, which the other girls didn't.

The man backed away slowly, all looking at me, waiting for me to say something. Well, this was my cue.

"What happend?", I croaked, my voice raspy and it hurt to talk.

"You saved me!", the special, familiar girl squealed, running over to the side of my bed and smiling widely. She was a little too happy for my liking.

The guy came over and scooped the little girl up. "She's telling the truth.", he spoke, his voice deep and manly. "You saved her life."

"How?" 

 "You pushed her out of the way of a truck," he explained, "Thank you so much."

"Welcome.", I replied weakly.

The man turned to walk out of the room, but the mother stepped in the way, turning him around to face me. He bit his lip nervously.

"Go on.", I heard her whisper, and she shoved him infront of me.

"Well, I uh... fuck it.", he cursed. "Being I can't repay you anything to make up for saving my daughter's life, we'd like to bring you to one of my concerts." Concerts? CONCERTS?! Who was this guy?

"Concert?", I asked in confusion. "Who ARE you?", I asked a little too harshly. He looked hurt.

"Eminem.", he stated. I cocked my head. "Eminem... Slim Shady... Marshall Mathers?"

I shrugged. He sighed. "Plus, I wouldn't be able to come anyways.", I said.

"Why?"

"I have no where to go afterwards, and I have no money." Shit, did I really just say that?

"What?" I nodded slowly. "Then we're adopting you." Marshall firmly said, and with that, he walked out of the room, leaving me with the awkward family. And with my thoughts.

I can't let a stranger adopt me.

Especially not a international popstar and famous dude like him.

But I'll have a family.

No. I can't let a stranger adopt me into his family, let alone someone famous.