Chapter Seven

*ONE MONTH LATER*

"Lanie, where'd you put my perfume?" I called down the stairs. I heard a few giggles then the adorable little 8 year old peeked behind the corner. She held the bottle up and wiggled it.

"Oh, you mean this?" she taunted, running away with the bottle of the scented water in her grasp.

"Ugghh!" I groaned, leaning back against the wall. "Lanie!" I ran down the stairs and through the living room. I finally found her hiding behind Marshall's legs. She squealed.

I chuckled, "There you are," Lanie sighed, her short, blonde hair blowing through her breath. She held out the bottle.

"Fine, you got me." she said, motioning me over to take my perfume. I walked over and instead of giving me the perfume bottle, she snatched it back and scurried away. I huffed. Marshall chuckled, walking towards the kitchen.

I gave up, stomping my foot like a child and running back into my room. It's now mid June and Hailie's taking me out to the mall today. I only went to the mall with her once - to get a birthday present for Whitney. I never got any of my clothes there, I'm still wearing some of Hailie's clothes.

I ran a comb through my hair and put some mascara that Kim lended to me on. I tied my dark waves into a low bun and shut my door.

"Yeah, Hailie?" I asked, knocking on her door with my forefinger. I heard a bit of shuffling in her room until the door opened.

"Hm?" she hummed, unhooking her tote bag from the hook on her door.

"I don't have any money." I said, looking down at the floor. She laughed.

"Leila, since when did you have to pay for yourself?" I smiled and she took my hand. She dragged me down the stairs and called out to her mother.

"Mom? Dad? Me and Leila are going out!" Her mother appeared around the corner and gave us a quick nod. Marshall looked out from behind her, nodding approvingly. I waved to them both then followed Hailie out the door.

"Aren't we going to have one of the bodyguards drive?" I asked as we stopped in front of what I guess was her car. I didn't think she had her license...

She looked at me funnily and shook her head. "No," she replied as she fixed her sunglasses on to her face. "I have a car, Leila," she breathily laughed. "Now come on,"

I nodded, walking to the passenger seat side of the car and pulling the door opened. I fell back into the comfortable leather seat, wincing as my back landed hard against it.

Hailie hopped in to the drivers side. She put the key in the engine and turned swiftly, the engine roaring as she did so. I just watched, amazed with how easily she drove. I always wanted to drive.

"Stop looking at me!" Hailie laughed. I smiled.

"Do you want to learn how to drive?" Hailie asked once we stopped at a red light. I looked away shyly, nodding.

She nodded to herself. "I could probably teach you.. I'd just need Dad's permission, but I probably could."

My head snapped towards her direction. My dark hair whipped me in the nose as I did so. "Really?" I asked excitedly. She nodded, her blonde hair bobbing up and down as she stared at the road in front of her.

"Of course!" she smiled.

*****

ok sorry this is so short. I'm writing it on my iPod and I thought it would be enough to hold you guys off . sorry i haven't updated in a while! anyways, do y'all wanna go check out my new story Fall? maybe comment or vote? pleaseeeeee !

so 10 votes and 5 comments for the next chapter ?