Chapter 12

Robert, wake up. I hear my sister say. It's time to call him. Why do people call it 'him'? It's not a human being! 

I sit up and rub my eyes. 

Good morning, sleepy-head. 

"Ha, ha." I walk to where I put the things that we need which is in the closet. I open the two doors and pull out the plastic bag.

"You ready for this?" I ask. 

Yup.  

I take out the bible, the box of matches and the candle. I sit down cross-legged on the floor and lay the candle in front of me with the bible next to it. I open the box of matches and start to flame it; I start to light the candle voila it is complete. 

"Alright, time to call it." I say. "On three, one, two three." We start to say his name. First, one time, then second time, then third time, then--

"Someone called?" The dark figure appears again, only just standing a few feet away from me. I abruptly grab the bible, stand up and show it at his face. 

"Britichany, britichany, britichany." Camilla and I start to chant. The dark figure is becoming crazy. It is holding it's ears and running towards the door. Camilla and I's chant are getting louder and louder as we follow him around the house. "Britichany, britichany, britichany!" We yell. 

It is now going towards the front door but it does not open it, but just puts it's back against the door. 

"Stop! Please! I'm begging you." It pleads. Camilla and I do not stop. We keep chanting and chanting. It screams and suddenly. it falls to the floor banging it's head against it. "Stop, stop, stop." After a while of chanting it starts to fade slowly. I start to smile and then, it's gone. We have defeated him. 

- - - - -

I wake up the next morning noticing that I did not have any bad nightmares or headaches. 

"We did it, Camilla!" I say, but I did not get any reply. 

"Robert?" My mother has her head poking out of the door. "Good morning, honey." She says.

"Morning, mom." I say, I walk to the bathroom and start to get ready to school.