Chapter 6

I wake up a few minutes before mom. Perfect! I walk outside my room and start groaning as I walk to her bedroom. I open the door and groan even louder. My mother is laying down with her back facing me.

"Mom," I say, "I don't feel good." I see her roll to my direction and open her eyes.

"It's okay, don't go to school then." She says then I close the door and smirk. It worked!

Yes! Now what? Camilla says while I am walking down towards the kitchen.

I shrug. "Wait until it's noon?"

Okay.

I check the kitchen watch and see that it is 6:45 a.m. What to do in the remaning 5 hours and 15 minutes?

I make myself some cereal and then plop myself onto the couch then start to eat.

So, what's the plan?

I get a spoonful of my cereal, put it in my mouth and chew. "We go out. Go adventuring. Find the place. Ask for help." I reply, pausing between my sentences to chew but then swallow at the end of my sentence.

Oh-kay then. . .

There is silence in the air for a few minutes. I keep eating my cereal while Camilla is-- I don't know, playing with her hair?

I'm bored! Can we just go now?! Camilla whines.

I groan one again. "Fine." I finish my cereal and I go to the kitchen, putting the bowl in the dish washer.

"I'll make a note." I tell Camilla. I go back to the living room, heading towards the side table beside the couch. I pull out a sharpie and a sticky note. I start to write:

Hey, mom! I'm going to go outside for some air. Might take long, so don't worry.

And put a smiley face at the end.

I leave it on the coffee table and left off to my adventure.